Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a nice long weekend away with the pups.  Starting to look at some houses to rent in like Maine.  Outdoors water hiking tons of stuff to do with the dogs.   Funny how your vacation plans change when you have kids.   :wink:

Anyone plan any good summertime  dog weekends??

·
Registered
602 Posts
We are actually looking to go to some National or state parks later this month, when my university goes on Spring Break. And Many La Quinta Hotels are Extremly Dog Friendly with no breed or weight Restrictions, or fees for them to stay.

G

·
0 Posts
I know we have a couple camping trips planned this summer- Mike's family does them every year- that should be interesting since most of his 100+ relatives are not dog people, and those that are, tend to be hunters keeping their beagles outside...lol....

I would also love to go to Big South Fork National Forrest in Tennessee and go hiking/camping with Mike and the pups, but we'll have to see.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
We usually go to Grand Canyon every spring, but I think this year we'll wait till late summer or fall to go so that Maple is a bit older, and better behaved  :wink:

·
Banned
2,813 Posts
We will be going with Paco to the beach (central coast of Ca) next weekend for 3 days. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does on the beach. We adopted him form Santa Cruz and his foster mom used to take him ruuning on the sand but we haven't had the experience yet.  Wish us luck.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I know that Motel 6 is one that takes dogs with no weight limits and no extra fee's.  I just am not sure where all they are located or if they are more of a southern chain....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
La Quinta's do take pets, we took Samson with us to New Orleans(pre-Katrina) for a job..Here's a good website that you can find hotels and such that are pet friendly..No plans for us this summer, with a new pup I ain't going nowhere!!

http://www.petswelcome.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts