Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hubby is on orders per commander to stay home for 7 days with me b/c i am told to do NOTHING..grrr ya like that will happen :roll:

anyway he's trying to do everything hehe welcome to my world...well anyway

was time to frontline dogs and cats....

he put the dog frontline on the cat !!!! bear in mind our siamese is 20 pounds..he split the dogs '1' dose between both cats

( siamese is 20 pounds and tiger is about 8 pounds)

IS THIS OK? OR ARE WE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8O vet tech couldnt answer my question and said "well i dont know if its ok but the frontline spray you can put on dogs ,cats,furniture,etc etc"

:roll: that doesnt help me

·
Registered
422 Posts
It is perfectly safe to apply K-9 Frontline to cats.  You should never apply K-9 Hartz or K-9 Advantix to cats though because it will cause seizures and sometimes death.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its frontline plus for dogs 45-88 pounds  

so it was one of the little green things of liquid( 1 dog dose) that was divided between both cats

be great if it was ok lol...since i have about 20 frontline dog doses ...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks :) hehe on hold now... 8O i am aloud one blonde moment a day

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:roll: they are closed

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i am sorry ky i can't be of any help. i hope you get it figured out and that your kitties are o.k. LOL tho it totally sounds like something my husband would do.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well, we got to give hubby an A for effort anyways Ky....Hoping kitties are ok, I don't think Frontline will harm them tho...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cats still seem fine lol..jsut mad they hate when we do their frontline too

8O hubby is now waashing both dogs...washed ever cushion cover on the couch and washed the floors im in shock lol..all the things i havent been able to do in the past week...and i didnt have to say anything he jsut knew what needed to be done..i think he needs an award of some kind..lol

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ky.....If I remember correct the active amount of Fipronil for the cat dose is 9.8% and the dog dose of that size is also 9.8%...if hubby split one dog dose on both cats you SHOULD be okay....Plus kitty is big at 20#

Here is the thing there are items listed called Methoprene and Inert Ingred's and a dogs amount is 81.4 and a cat is 76%  This is what makes a difference......So again getting half doses you should be okay...But NO you do not want to use Frontline made for dogs on your cat....They have a cat version for this reason....The liver of a cat breaks the medication down different and it is correct as posted above that k-9 advantix will kill a cat....

You would not see any ill acting on your cat until tomorrow or the next day, it takes that long to enter the skin and therefore the system....The residual amount stays within the skin layer for it to work 30 days.....That is why you are not suppose to bathe for 2 days...

So my suggestion for precaution is to give the cats a bath....or at least wet them liberally at the site it was put on....

Sorry hubby....but they need to be washed off....I have seen to many kitty's get sick from the same thing......

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ty so much Sharon thats what we jsut did..while washing both dogs we washed both cats..that was extremely interesting !! haha

he said he only put a small amount on the tiger and put a larger amount on the siamese..i just looked at the little green thing in the trash and he left some in it..so it wasnt thr full dose it was about 3/4 phew !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D life is never boring in our house..

i CAN say this...hubby has truely gotten a taste of a day in my life lol while hes at work..he says he doesnt know how i do it..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

and now he gets why im sitting here at 2 or 3 am working...

i said well do you think we have a magic house? i get all my clients programs done, kids fed off to school, dogs and cats fed , house clean, kids school stuff, appointments,see more cleints,most days meet him for lunch,get kids from school do homework ,dinner,etc etc...and sit up late night finishing work i didnt get done ..

his words>> " everythings always done when i get home or get up so i guess i didnt realize how much you do in 1 day"

that was the best thing he could have ever said  :D i nearly cried lol

he's extremely worried and nervous ...and knows if he doesnt do all this i WILL b/c i cant have things all over the place and not done...he was all upset over the cats..i just told him what you said Sharon so hes more at ease..poor thing he's not used to being Mom haha

hopefully this series of shots work so the major surgery doesnt have to be done..i just have to stay still and rest as to not rupture...not easy since they said it can happen out of nowhere...

no hubby wants to hear the words if you dont keep your wife still to reduce chances of rupture she could die...i think that was extreme to say to him but then again ive never been through anything like this..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ky....did I miss something somewhere???? Are you okay?  :?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Big hugs to you Ky and do what the doctor says, please!!!!! Yup hubby definitely deserves a medal, bless his heart and I would have cried too at what he said, that was so sweet....Please take care of yourself ok? Sending tons of healing vibes your way and hugs and Boxer kisses from my 2 babies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts