Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it is driving my wife crazy and I don't know how to get him to stop.  I mean, he only does it to her.  I don't even know how to tell him to stop.  What is the first step, wait till he stops humping her leg and when he stops, give him a treat?  He is only 12 weeks old. . .shouldn't this start later?  Why only her leg?  He doesn't care about our female yorkie or me or nothing, just her.  

This is a desperate plea from my wife lol.  I'll admit, I was trying hard not to laugh because this is inappropriate behavior. . .but man oh man, I couldn't help but break down laughing.  I know I know, it is wrong but watching that small little brown energy machine going at it.  Yikes.  

Sorry back to the point, is there anyway to fix this?  Neutering him is still several months away so I don't think it is an option.  

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
LMAO sorry but that is to funny tell your wife i said sorry.....lol got me and my husband laughing any way I wish I could help but the Neutering is all we could think of sorry    :rofl:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh this is greatness!! too funny :) sorry i cant actually be of help, i dont have a  great piece of wisdom to share. As lisaken said the only thing i know would be to neuter :) best of luck to your wife!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This is dominance and likely due to your dog not seeing your wife as a leader.  Stop him immediately.  Treat him when he is calm, but not as soon as he stops or he may start to think that if he does it he gets treats for it.  Start obedience and make sure your wife is involved.  

Any more questions or step by step instructions, feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Neutering will not help.  Rocky was neutered at 5 months, when we adopted him.  Didn't stop him from humping.  It is a dominance thing.  Your little pup, cute as he may be, is dissing your wife!  As soon as he starts to do it, have her tell him no, and pull him off.  He's doing this because he thinks he's higher on the pecking order than her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lillynpennyzmomma\";p=\"27674 said:
This is dominance and likely due to your dog not seeing your wife as a leader.  Stop him immediately.  Treat him when he is calm, but not as soon as he stops or he may start to think that if he does it he gets treats for it.  Start obedience and make sure your wife is involved.  

Any more questions or step by step instructions, feel free to pm me.
See, I figured that it was a dominance issue, but it seems that when we tell him "No" and push him off, he seems to take that as a challenge and tries even harder.  
What puzzles my wife is that she is very active with him and tries to be stern with him when he misbehaves.  So this really troubles her.

Oh and for those who think this is funny. . .I took video he heeeee ;)  

But truly, an issue not to be taken lightly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I personally think your wife needs to take a more dominant role in your dogs life. He does not see her as a figure of authority, and until he does, this behavior will continue. I would enroll your dog in obediance school (which is only about 100.00 for 8 weeks) and have your wife take the dog to class. This would offer a great opportunity for bonding as well as establish her authority! I promise it will work :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Can't help but agree with everyone above  - it's not a sexual thing, it's dominance.  Your wife doesn't need to be mean or stern as much as assertive and sure of herself.  Liz is a professional trainer and since she offered, I would do as she offered and pm here for step by step instruction.  She's the best!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha lmao i would have taken a video too..but thats, me i would harrass my hubby with it just b/c , :wink: hehe

but anyway, haha..i agree totally with everyone..he's not seeing her as dominant..he's seeing her as beneath him..as he gets bigger boy could it get worse !

talk to Liz..she can help you right out with it...and def. find some puppy classes they offer them ALOT of places...:)

good luck tell your wifey we dont mean to laugh but it IS funny b/c hes so young..and weve all been though so much with our dogs we jsut have to laugh it off and keep it movin.. :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would defiantly say that he is showing dominance, he thinks that he owns your wife. She needs to let him know that she is the boss especially while he is young.
What I would do if our dog was humping my leg I would push him off say

1 - 10 of 10 Posts