Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

My 1 year 4 months female boxer has never play wrestled with dogs. When we go to the dog park she only runs with the other dogs. Does anyone else have a dog that doesn't wrestle with other dogs? Not sure if it's a "boxer thing."

Attachments

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Yeah No! Boxers are one of the last dog's that should be "Dog Parked?" Boxers are Boxers and a lot of other dog's ... don't like being hopped on, circled at high speed and punched in the face! And that is just the dog's! Now add in the other dog owner's and some of them ,,, don't much care for seeing there dog;s being "Punked," as it were.

A Dog Park, is like the shoot out at the OK Corral, it just takes one dog to "cock that Shot Gun?" And all He$$ can break lose! But hey ... it's a "Free Country!" Just understand that once you step thru that gate, there are "No Rules?"

A "Dog Fight," could be the least of one's problems! Some owners take dog's take dog's to Dog Park's ... that should not be there? Cuz there take is "My Dog's issues, are not my problem, they are your issue!

No serious "Dog Trainer," Dog parks there Dog. They spen to much time and effort training there dog to let some
A-Holes, untrained Cur ...crave up there dog?

But hey it's a "Free Country," mand people free to do as they see fit. Just know that once your "Dog," steps thru that Gate ... there are no Rules! So don't cop an attitude if your dog get's mauled!

You are of course ..."Free to do as you see fit." But now you know, Welcome Aboard. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
As long as she's having fun I wouldn't worry about it. When I take my boxer to the dog run (I live in NYC - of course I take my girl to the dog run for play time with her friends) she runs with some dogs, wrestles with others, and chases balls with others. Another boxer who visits the run just enjoys playing with a ball and doesn't really interact much with other dogs - but she has fun!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I really don’t like dog parks disease and worm factories they are. I think your dog is being smart not wrestling with other dogs. He or she is picking up the vibe the other dogs are putting out they are either more dominate or your dog just doesn’t like them. People seem to think just because you throw some dogs together they will all be friends this is not true of humans or dogs.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Well of course "Dog Park's," can be fine? Reading stories about "I went to the Dog Park, today and Nothing Happened?" Would be pretty boring and no one cares. :)

But some dog's should not be there! A "Dog Park," is a "Free Fire Zone." From Day to Day ... one does not know whp brings what Dog in there?

So at the bare minimum, every owner should know this.:

And you know hope the other "dog's owner," does not say to there dog, "Good Luck," and I am outta here, let me knw how it works out?" Most people ... don't want to get bit and don't want to get involved? They will wish there dog luck and hope it works out? And I would say just as a "Heads Up," if in a "Dog Park," another dog attacks a Boxers ... it's gonna be a pretty tough or Big Dog? I would guest ... as I don't know? And of course folks are free to do as they see fit. But now they know. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Taming the Wild has a good Video on Dog Parks they refer to it as sending your dog to the Hunger Games

When most dog owners think dog park, they think play when they should be thinking Hunger Games until proven otherwise. Find out why in today's video. I'm Bryan Bailey, and today is day 299 of my 365-day journey to help make dog ownership an incredible experience.

It is a really useful series of Videos he is very Genuine and experienced.
They are very generous and Genuine Professionals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts