Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a house in the next few months.  I am thinking of dedicating a room for Boudreux so he can have his own room while I am at work.  I am just wondering if anyone else has done thie same.  My plan is to use a utility room and put a TV, Windows, and a place for him to relieve himself without messing up the rest of the house. I would appreciate ya'lls thoughts.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I haven't had a " special" or "exclusive" room for Harley. He pretty much has the run of the house!!! :rofl: But seriously, that's not a bad idea. and I thought Harley was spoiled!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...I know, but he deserves it for all the joy he has brought me, good or bad. Plus It would make him happy...he might even be getting a playmate when I get a new house  :roll: only he doesn't know it.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sumya kinda has her own room.. she shares it with our 6 year old african grey parrot.but other than that it is hers, she has a "toybox" her crate is in there,and cabinets filled with grooming products, treats and food. it also has an armchair in it so she can sit (sprawl) and look out the windows. i love having it. and she loves it too.so if you have the space to spare i say, why not? although i would not let him relieve himself in there, just because that might make him think it is o.k. to "go" indoors. (IMO)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If you have the room and the abilitiy to "Boxer-proof" it, it's a great idea...Samson has the run of the house, Angel, I still crate when I'm gone, but that will be changing soon too...I agree with what Rebecca said about not wanting him to relieve himself in there tho, sends a mixed message that it's ok to potty in the house....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, the relive himself place would be outside, the room would have a doggie door.  I don't think I will do it though because it would be hard to prevent him from digging out and escaping.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i think it is awesome that you would want to dedicate a room to your boy...if i could i would :) I agree though you would need to thtink of all possiblities (escaping) before doing it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Abby and Brady have their own room...we have 5 bedrooms and it's only me and my hubby. that room will one day be shared as a playroom with children, but it will always be their room still.  It is the only carpeted room in the house so they can get some traction while running and go crazy...it is puppy proof, I just keep my ironing board in there so I can iron while they go nuts. they love it when I say "upstairs!!!" bc that means crazy play time!

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have a room built outside. it has heat, large bed, insulated, windows its about the size of a small bedroom my dog likes to sleep there instead of inside

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sonya and my daschund cassie have there own room.  Its puppy proof just there crates and there toy box.  a little fabreeze and you would never know its a dog room.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have an extra room that I am trying to make a dog room.  This would be perfect because my puppy never took to the crate due to anxiety, but he's usually fine left alone in a comfortable area.  What do you guys use for a door?  The room I have has a door but I've been using gates because closing the door makes it seem a little too claustrophobic like he's locked in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use a baby gate. I live in an apt so I just block off the kitchen so he won't turn on the stove and get into everything else.  I like the ideas that I have gotten so far.  It will probably be a few months before i get a house, but it is never too late to start planning.   I just hope I can find something before too long before we both go crazy.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My next house I am going to turn either the garage or basement into a "free reign" dog area.  My dog gets free reign of my house when I'm home, but when no one is around is another story!   A dog room is a good idea but if you spoil your dog like mine, they will eventually get bored and want even more freedom!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts