Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are mixed feelings here on Cesar Milan, but Morgan and I really like him.  This is Dog Whisperer Week on National Geographic, and I'll tell ya, he DOES have some helpful pointers.  they are running about 2 old episodes and one new one daily, from 7-10 I believe.  We love watching them, and Beckham watches with us!  Whenever he hears a dog spazzing uot or barking on the show, his ears perk up and he gives a low "woof." It's adorable  :D

We have a small problem of Beckham barking at our two cats to get them to play, but it's become pretty incessant when he gets going.  Instead of telling him "no" or stop it," last night Morgan just tried snapping her fingers and pointing downstairs to tell Beckham to calm down and leave the cats, and he did it! Without ONE bark!  It was crazy.

Some of his tactics aren't quite our style, but it's nice to see a different perspective.

Also, did anyone watch the new one last night, with the 3 legged Rhodesian Ridgeback?  Those dogs are beautiful!

:emtthumbs:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love watching the Dog Whisperer.  I don't get a chance to catch all the episodes because I'm always so busy, but when I do catch them, I'm glued to the TV.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I saw that last night!  I can't believe that dog ran and dove through the plate glass window!!  Thank goodness he wasn't seriously injured!  He was so cute, and looked like the sweetest dog.  I missed the ending because we were actually on our way out to take Lola for a walk to the park!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I don't agree with everything he does, but I have used some of his tips on Samson and they have worked very well... :bsofftopic: There's a show on WE it's called Adventures in Doggie Day Care...Omg, it's a riot...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Personally- I think the dog whisperer is great.  I don't agree with all his methods :?   But I love that he is out there trying to raise awareness that even the "violent agressive"  dogs can make excellent pets and companions.  Even the ones who have a history of aggression can be rehabilitated to live happy lives with responsible families.

I also LOVE how he expounds the importance of EXERCISE!!!!!   Dog were neve ment to live sedentary lives in crates and fenced in yards.  They need to get out and walk and RUN daily.  and not just 5 or 10 min but 30- 45 min several times a day.  A tired dog is a good dog :lol: The same is true for us by the way :roll: isn't it convienient that we have them to remind us to get off the couch and go out and exercise too :wink:

My DC and I love our morning and evening walks.  

The show I really love these days is Divine Canine.  I wish it was a full hour instead of just 30 min.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"15311":1g7w53f8]I believe I'll reduce my carbon emissions by leaving the telly off for the week

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Dog Whisperer is okay from an entertainment standpoint.  I go no farther than that.  I love Divine Canine and It's Me or The Dog.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I love It's me or the Dog. I think Victoria Stilwell is awesome with the dogs. I haven't seen Divine Canine, what's that one about?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It's about The Monk's of New Skeet and their monk dog trainer.  He uses positive reinforcement and pack heirarchy theory.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wish i had cable or satellite.  :embar:

Seriously i do. Im a poor boy.  :cry:

But when Lauren moves in we are going to get cable i think.... :pray:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love Divine Canine and It's Me or the Dog also!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Beckham Boxer, to answer your question - Everything!  I just think he's a complete charlatan and his show is based completely on fancy editing and very little else.  Some of his methods are downright dangerous and the ones that do make some sense are just plain old common sense that practically everyone already knows anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts