Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, 2 broken teeth? Henry huny, what were you doing? Glad everything went well Z, and thanks for sharing that list with us as well.....Nano, nice tip about the raw carrots, may have to try that

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
So glad to hear Henry is doing better and didn't have to get the "bling" tooth  :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Glad to hear all went well.  When Nita comes home she is getting her teeth cleaned and probably a few pulled.  

They did say that no dog should ever have a bone because they can splinter and jam into the soft palate causing an open wound, leading to possible infection, abcess, etc.  
Dogs can have uncooked bones but never cooked bones.  Cooked bones become brittle and will splinter and cause digestion problems.  Crunching on raw, meaty bones can be good for their teeth.  Chicken backs, necks, wings are good examples(raw only).  I know some people will give raw big bones(beef bones) but they are considerably harder and can sometimes hurt teeth.  The big rule is NEVER FEED COOKED BONES, that includes the smoked knuckle bones and the white hard bones from the petstore.  They can be like chewing on rocks.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh Heather, that would be wonderful! :D   I was just wondering what I was going to do with all those pretty new bully sticks! :lol:   I'll PM you with details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: doggie dentist tomorrow

Y'all! I don't know what I'm going to do with that boy!

Doc said the tooth has been broken for more like a month, not just a couple of weeks. But the root canal went well and he has a nice tooth-colored cap, not a silver one! :D

While Henry was out, doc called and said he found another broken tooth! It was one of his upper jaw teeth, on the same side as the broken canine on the bottom! He said this one looked like it happened within the last few days. So he fixed it too.

AND! Henry has an extra inscisor (sp?) on the top. What a mess! :lol:

He's coming around just fine. Just ate a little food. OH! The food has to be soaked till soft for two weeks. No more hard anything, because apparently he breaks teeth! No more nylabone, no more hard plastic toys like frisbees, and no more bully sticks! He gave me a whole list of OK and not OK things to chew/play with.

I just bought those 5 bully sticks from Hanna Banana, anybody want them?

I'm still trying to get over my nerves!

OY! :lol:

p.s.
$1638.34 total
I'm happy your visit to the dentist went well, thought that price is a tad bit steep.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Oh I see yet again an old thread that has somehow risen to life??? Well that is good cuz ...I'd have to pull the Missouri card and say ... "Show Me," a dog who's teeth have been damaged from a Pig Ear??? The only serious issue that a Pig Ear could cause ... is a "Choking Hazard." Cuz some dog's can be uh "Dork's??" And they will "try" and gulp them down whole??On one occasion I had to lefty up my Band Dawg ... and pull a whole Hugh "Pig Ear" out of his throat! After that ... I started to cut them into strip's with "pruning Shear's. I've never had a Pig Ear, related issues seen then!

And Raw Hide is "Crap," anyway so not worth committing on. And tennis ball fuzz wearing down the enamel??? LOL ... if that were "actually a thing??" I'm pretty sure report's from uh Lab's, Golden Retriever's, GSD's and Mal owner's would have been rolling in decades ago???

But hey all tennis ball's are not the same ... the high quality one's my Bella fetches and the cheap one she destroy's in second's??? I thought all tennis ball's were the same but apparently not?? And if she can do that to a tennis ball what can happen in seconds to a "plush toy??" Is not worth mentioning.

Now cooked bones are of course a "No!" But honestly a list of "No's" that does not list Number One as ELK Antler's?? Can't be taken seriously?? If you want to see multiple issue's with broken teeth in dog's ... start there. Bella get's knuckle bone's all the time with zero issue's and Bully stick's on occasion's. And she takes ice cube's if I drop them ... on the kitchen floor, she's not that good with "out of the kitchen," my bad.

But I have heard to many issues's with ELk Antler's?? So none of my dog's have ever had one of those. Aww, well it's an old thread but I thought I would chime in anyway.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts