Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with my DH this weekend about getting a bed for Ginsy once she out grows her crate.  Our hope is that once she is fully house trained we can let her have free access to the house and we won't need to crate her at night or during  short absenses.  

Well Dh suggested that we take one of the DC's old crib mattresses and cover it with a nice fluffy cover and bumper on three sides- like a sofa.  then whenever it gets dirty I can just remove the cover and throw it in the laundry and wipe down the plastic cover of the mattress.  That way I wont have to take the big dog bed pillow thing to the laundry mat and try to keep it from getting all lumpy and matted inside.  

I am pretty crafty so it wouldn't be a problem to sew something like that.    I am concerned that this migh be dangerous if she digs or chews at the mattress and gets any of the springs loose.  But I think I could make it work if I made sure I checked frequently for damage-  Which I would do anyway with regular cleanings.   What do you think?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that's an interesting idea....I think if you checked it frequently for any puntures it should be fine. Especially after Ginsy gets out of the chewing stage...Funny thing is, I bought Samson a new bed for X-mas and he was using it constantly til we got Angel, now neither one of them sleeps in it..Angel will drape over the sides of it sometimes, but neither one will on it at all....Kinda odd.... :think:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think that a great idea!  I used an old quilt and stuffing from old pillows and made one big enough for both of ours.  It's easy to wash and dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts