Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rocky turns 1 year next month & I want to make him a birthday cake! Just wondering if any of you have a good recipe to share? Decorative doggy cookies would be good too! I can make both... I want it to be special... Something extra yummy and healthy.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Here's a recipe for some meaty cookies:

1lb lean ground beef
2 eggs beaten
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup water

In a blender combine beef and eggs until well blended - set aside
In a large bowl combine flour and oats gradually add beef mixture and mix with hands
Add water to make a sticky dough - divide into 2 balls
Knead each dough ball on a floured surface and add a little flour until it's no longer sticky
roll to between 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness
Cut with cookie cutters
Bake for about 1 hour at 350F or 180C
Cool on rack
Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I have this one for a cake but I've never tried it:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 jar beef baby food
2 eggs

Bake @ 350 in loaf pan (doesn't say how long).

Frost with light cream cheese.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I posted a cookie recipe that my wife makes all the time a while back. Our kids love it. Maybe you can find it.

Happy Birthday Rocky.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you ;) They all sound good for pups and easy to make!! Maybe I will make some of these sooner than his birthday! I bet they would love them and I think I have all the ingredients here except the baby food. I love to make new treats for them.

I am kinda leaning towards buying a cake now.. LOL! We have a dog bakery not too far away and they can personalize it.. Cool huh?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hi - I saw some good recipes on Dogtreatkitchen.com

The site is a little hard to navigate but there were a couple of cakes!

I have a dog bakery near me too! It's amazing what dog parents will do for the furry kids! Hope you had a good weekend!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
That's awesome! Rocky is so lucky to have a great mom like you! I've never seen or heard of a dog bakery before. Hmmmm......Lots of dog lovers where I live, this may be something to look into! I may be requesting everyones recipes LOL!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
No I've never heard of one, living in the boonies in Canada really sucks sometimes. It feels like we're living in the dark ages here. LOL!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
A lot of the little pet boutiques near me have a "bakery"! LOL... I've not gotten anything from any of them b/c I'm always afraid there's grain in something. I guess I should ask. Maybe there's not??? All I know is for hannah's first B-day, I bought that stupid Frosty Paws, not knowing better at the time, and she threw it up. I felt sooo bad that I gave my baby something that made her sick on her b-day :(

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
There is a dog bakery in a town close to us called "Fuzzy Butz". The town is also very dog friendly with several outdoor cafes where dogs are welcome to sit with their owners and several stores put out water dishes. SuzyQ and I go there to walk around quite often, I like her to stay accustomed to walking around people (we live in the country so she doesn't walk around people a lot). She loves the dog bakery and they make lots of cool treats. Your pooch would probably like the cake with the beef baby food. I recently tried to save an abandoned kitten and got some beef baby food along with other stuff to feed him (unfortunately, he didn't make it). I fed the leftover baby food to SuzyQ and Mr Kitty and they acted like they had never eaten before in their life - it was a big hit. I might make that cake for Q's birthday in November.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I love making homemade doggie cookies for my girls. I don't think I've made one that they haven't liked yet. Always looking for new recipes.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
We have a dog bakery here, got a few cookies before.. Mason bday I got a cake mix from a pet store and a paw shaped pan from party store, made a human cake and a dog cae, which I frosted with cream cheese and peanut butter mix, they cake mix even had dog treats to deco with.... I made a dinner he could sneak some of... Good luck nd happy bday to your pup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts