Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Doggy door.....what a relief.

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Mom2BoNLaila 
#1 ·
The best $211 I have spent in quite some time.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009Y ... JAABFI30JO

If you have the means, and are considering a doggy door, I highly recommend picking one up.  Up until recently I just had a big hole in my screen door that Ferris would use as a doggie door, but it had to come to an end sooner or later.  It's startin to cool off outside!!  I got my door delivered today, and it took me all of 10 minutes to install.  It took my little guy some time to figure out that he could actually go through it, but he got the hang of it.  Not a single puddle, or pile on my floors since I put the door in.  The thing is weather resistant, has a locking mechanism, and comes large enough for a full grown boxer.  
Just wanted to share my excitement with you all.  I just cut my potty training time by more than half.  What a relief!!!

#3 ·
Thats funny Zeus and Dantes doggy door is the open gap on my screen door where the window is supposed to be. There isnt a window there so they just jump through there when it is time to come in. Which i am trying to find another screen door that has a window since i cant put my old one back together.

#7 ·
Since we are putting the fences up next month(yahoo), I am looking at doggie doors as well..The one I had in Ireland had magnetic flaps, which I loved, cos the it kept the wind and rain from getting thru...I like that door Bubba, thanks for the link..

#8 ·
Re: Doggy door.....what a relief. (update)

So far so good.  Ferris is doing pretty good with the door, though on the first night he crapped right in front of the thing then went outside.  He is making great progress.  I cut a 2x4 to put in the door jamb as an extra security measure.  The lock that comes with the door is pretty flimsy. Still a highly recommended product.

#10 ·
I just wish I had a screen door. Nikki learned at my fathers house how to push open the door to go out and how to open it with her paw to come back in. My father has dark carpet it though... never thought about all the dirt or mud those tiny little paws brought in.

That's what worries me too. Beige carpet... HUGE boxer paws tracking in mud and dirt. I sometimes see him waiting at the door with a muddy nose and feet! I'm like... YEAH... I DON"T THINK SO BUDDY!!

#12 ·
I bought the same door a month or so ago. I'm so in love with it. If I could hug it every single day without being called crazy, I would. Diesel took to it right away, he knew exactly what it was for, and loved it. Chyna took a little convincing. She was weary of going head first through something that she didn't think she could go through. But after a few days of bribery, she finally got it. Now it's no problem for her anymore. I'd really recommend this to anyone with a sliding glass door and a fenced yard. it's amazing.

#14 ·
Well my fences go up next week( can we all say hooray?)...And the doggie gets installed as well...I am soo looking forward to that...Glad it's worked out well for you..Buck & Tia took right to it and I am sure Samson & Angel will, especially when they realize they can come and go as they please :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.