Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I leave Diesel home alone in his cage lately, when I get home there is a river of drool coming from his cage.  At forst I thought it was pee but after I looked it is drool.  He must be barking like crazy and making a ton of slobber.  He is also soaked.  He isn't barking when i leave or when I come home so it must be happening after I leave.  Could this be seperation anxiety?  Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sounds like he's getting pretty worked up in the crate.How long is he crated??? Try lots of play time 1st, then potty time, then crate. Leave radio/tv on, something of yours like a t-shirt in the crate and a favorite toy. Check the training section for ideas that I've left out, lots of good tips!!! Good luck  :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if he is crated for a little bit, like if I run to the store, gone maybe 30 minutes he does it.  Today he was crated 3 hours and he did it.  I slways play with him and let him out before I leave and leave the radio on.  I have even left shirts and towels that he likes to lay on and nothing works.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the same problem. Maybe not as wet like she peed, but I can feel it. She gets pretty worked up when we leave too. I hear her before I shut the door. I leave a radio on, give her a toy and a treat and an old sweatshirt of mine. She isn't happy. However, I just got her a bigger crate and haven't used it yet when i leave, but she seems to like it. I hope this solves the problem. Maybe she just needed more room.

I feel ya though. I hate the fact that I have a noisy dog and my poor poor neighbors.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I say a lot of drool, it is like a puddle just outside the cage.  He is in a pretty large cage right now and seems to like the cage, or at least I thought.  I have tried everything, including the radio, sweatshirts, towels, toys, even tried associating going ang being in the cage a good thing by rewarding with treats when he goes in it but nothing seems to work.  Like I said, he won't bark in the cage while I am there and I don't hear him when i come home so he must be doing it sometime when I am gone because I never hear him bark at all.   I feel bad for leaving him but I have no choice but to put him in the cage while I am gone.  Any other suggestions or anyone else have this problem at all????

·
Registered
725 Posts
We had this SAME EXACT problem for about two months! It got to the point where Gus would soak his blanket in slobber...and the crate door was covered! It all went away however as soon as we moved the crate. He now has a view of the TV and outside...so I am assuming that helped in some way?!

Hope this can help a bit!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah crate was by the back patio glass doors and I also left animal planet on for her when she first came home from rescue.  She never had a problem, but I don't know what kind of training she has had.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Harleigh is in her crate in the kitchen and I have a blanket over some of the crate. Thought she might like that. Maybe I should move her crate then into the living room, take the blanket off and turn the tube on so she can watch TV. *sigh* the things we do for these "kids"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts