Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all the people that have full grown male boxers can you please tell me how old he is and how much he weighs? Im trying to see how big my might get.

THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
An adult male Boxer should weigh between 60-75 lbs. per the world standards.  Hugo was about 67 lbs. at his highest weight, at about 7 years old.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just weighed my boxer and my neighbors about a week ago.  She has two from the same litter, and they are just shy of 2 years old.  The male is 60lbs and the female is 65.

Lola's growing has really slowed down the past couple months.  She is 49lbs at 9 months old.  I believe she was 44 at 6 months.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We have always had female boxers so Ziggi is our first male and he is bigger than we were expecting.  His father was very large but his mother was on the small side for females.  Ziggi weighed 83lbs at 14 months.  Everyone goes to the vet tomorrow for their yearly check so we should have a new weight then, he is 15 months old now, the vet said he wasn't over weight last time but could lose two or three lbs, we will see if it worked!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Let's see, the last time I had my other 2 at the vet, Buck was 3 1/2 weighed in at 69 lbs, very tall and rangy, Tia was 2 1/2 weighed in at 65 lbs...Samson at 10 1/2 weighs 85 lbs, and Angel at 2 yrs(almost) weighs 55 lbs...There is no right or wrong for weight. Yes there is a breed standard, but you know your dog..Some can carry more weight, but as long as you are seeing a couple ribs and no spine, they should be fine. Excess weight is not good on the joints, Samson is still needing to lose a bit more and at his age, every pound lost is better on him..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts