Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband wants me to ask why Jetta seems to respond better to him than to me.  For instance, When he tells her to come, she comes to him like 95% of the time.  When I tell her to come, she comes, like 50% of the time.  When we tell her to sit, she sits like 99% of the time, both of us...the only problems is with come with me.  what can I do to make her come to me better?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
its funny b/c it seems the person they see LESS is who they run to lol..i come in and the dogs run past me to hubby who doesnt give them nearly as much attention as i do...maybe they know they will get it from me but seek i tout from him..

does she see him less than you? just asking..b/c thats what mine do..although when "outside" the house..Isis is stuck to me like velcro..no matter wahts going on and ignores him haha..Onyx also...

maybe my dogs are jsut in need of psychotic meds..and have multiple personalities?  8O

its ok i luv all their personalities.. so its like having 4 good dogs instead of 2 hehehehe

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's also the male/female bond...Samson responds better to me most of the time, Angel and I butt heads a bit, but she responds very well to Marq....Also she may not see you as a strong leader, hence the fact that she doesn't obey you as much...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I give her all the love and attention in the world...but he is the one that gets all of her licks and kisses and happy wiggles...it's just not fair, lol...she is "my" dog, but seems to prefer mr. negative, lol

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much.  She will probably take turns listening and coming to each of you depending on the situation - just like kids do lol.  Maybe he keeps goodies in his pocket and doesn't tell you.  I'm sure she's loves you just as much as him, maybe more - that's why she tries to push the limits with you more than him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts