Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it 1 mg per pound? i just cant remember for the life of me..i think thats it..we have 25 mg pills...and i used to give Isis 2 but thats when she was around 50 pounds or so..shes 80 ish now..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Here ya go....Benadryl: 1-2 mg per lb. every 8 hrs. (60-lb. dog, 2-4 25mg tablets every 8 hrs.)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so lets jsut sayyyyyyyy that uhmm Isis is a plus sized girl hahaha weighing about 82 pounds hehe

then she can have 80-100 mg right(3-4 25 mg pills)..sorry i have a slamming headache been sitting here ALL day working...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yes she can have 3 to 4 tablets (25mg tabs) every 8 to 10 hours

Wanted to mention that I think the liquid works better and does not take as long to work for them because on the pills you have to wait for them to disolve.....So on the 25 mg (childrens liquid or adult 25mg) it would be 3 1/2 cc or a 1/3 of a tablespoon.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oo sharon is hubby ok? thank you about isis but is he ok?

liquid btw with isis is like trying to bathe a cat... :roll: NOT fun

we have those ultratabs..NOT the plastic capsules...quicker to disolve i guess

but thank you so much for taking the time to answer this when you have something so important at home

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
thanks for asking he is on so much pain med that he is out of it....They let him come home since I could watch him and give shots at home :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im so glad hes there with you....thats better..my mom was an er trauma doc all when we were growing up and now shes an oncologist..we always wanted to be home instead...
im sure hes much happier at home with you guys and trusting that you know whats best for him better than a stranger..

i hope all goes well tomorrow i will keep you in my prayers...promise you that..always hard to see them in pain..although the pain med side effects can be quite commical...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts