Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hazel is 5 months old, and tommorow is the day, she is getting spayed. The vet said 5 months was not a problem to do it, but I always use to hear they should be 6 months, is this true? also I'm a little worried about something, Since I have had her, her stool has been excellent, NEVER EVER runny at all, and now today, the day before her surgery, she had MAJOR RUNNY stool, like complete water!! Could this be from the heart pill, which I gave her yesterday???? Please help!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i thought it was as long as it was before her first heat cycle... not that you cant do it afterwards, but it makes it easier if they are not mature yet

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard that too. isnt it something like it cuts down the chances of cancer if its before there first heat as well???

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
popeyeNhazel\";p=\"38602 said:
I have heard that too. isnt it something like it cuts down the chances of cancer if its before there first heat as well???
I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with decreasing the risk for many diseases and infections.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
When it comes to spaying and neutering, I believe the earlier the better.  Good luck to you and Hazel for her spay. I'm sure she will be just fine.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
What kind of heartworm pill was it??  heartgard is known to do that sometimes to a dogs stomach....
The loose stool will not interfere with the spay, but they can check the stool while she is there to make sure you dont have anything else going on...Also, 5 months of age is fine to spay....

Good luck tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts