Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok madeline has never really had any issues going poo; occassionally it's been soft due to food but otherwise it's been fine.  she always goes like clockwork, once in the morning and once on her evening walk.  but lately when she goes she doesn't produce as much as usual and at night she's started going a little (i guess it's the rest) in the house.  

does anyone know why this might be or what might have triggered the change?  it's not runny or too hard but she's just breaking it up into 2 events.  ...as i write this, i can't believe what i'm typing!  :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
:rofl:  :rofl: No worries, I think we're all a little poo obsessed! Hubby and I realized the other day that discussing the dogs poo has become a part of our daily conversations 8O Don't know what could have brought on Madelines change, maybe keep her out a little longer at night or add an extra outing???

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
maybe she needs a bit more time after a meal to process all the food?
I know when we first got Maple she'd go within 20 mins of eating, now that she is getting older she won't go till an hour or two after the meal has passed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DonnersMom\";p=\"89609 said:
:rofl:  :rofl: No worries, I think we're all a little poo obsessed! Hubby and I realized the other day that discussing the dogs poo has become a part of our daily conversations 8O Don't know what could have brought on Madelines change, maybe keep her out a little longer at night or add an extra outing???
yeah, us too!  i NEVER thought poo would be such a hot subject to talk about.  but you know, i do it with other doggie parents at the park, too!!!  :)  thanks for the tip, i did take her out one extra time last night and that seemed to work so we'll try it again and see how it goes.  i'll also try the mealtime trip as well.  it's probably our own fault b/c we take her out after work but before she eats supper...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Amazing the new types of "dinner conversation" when you are a dog owner...I think Lori was spot on and it sounds like that might do the trick :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that talks about poop all the time! Everytime Boz comes in with his daddy I always ask him the texture of the poo... we've been having problems getting it to harden up.  We had him on the cheap like kibbles and bits when we first got him and had no problems with the right density but we put him on nice nutro max and it's SOFT all the time and I'm so mad, I want to feed him nice food but not if his poo is too runny to pick up with a baggy.  
Back on subject... I went on a rant about poo... anyways I'd take her out before bed and tell her to go poopy and wait until she goes again. Or on the walk keep telling her to go poo again until she gets it all out.  She could be mad about something and doing it. I know dogs get like that, they protest things!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts