Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to me it seems that Carter isnt drinking that much water at all....But he uses the bathroom every 2 or 3 hours and he always pee's...He will eat his food then smell his water then walk away...If I put water on my hand he will sit there and keep drinking the water that is on my hand...Is there anyway that I can make him drink the water like he is suppose to? Do u know of any reason why he wouldnt drink any water?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie didn't drink water much at all when I first got him.  I actually felt like I had to remind him the water was there and kinda splash the water so he would take notice and drink some.  After a few weeks he would go get water on his own.  I think it's a puppy thing

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Not sure why he's not drinking the water..Sharon may be able to help you on that one... But some things you can do to make him want to drink are...add a small amount of gatorade, or Rebound (vet drink), or Ensure to the water. This makes it taste better, so maybe that would entice him to drink more. Good luck!

·
Registered
893 Posts
You can add some warm water to his kibble, Delila didn't drink a lot of water the first week we had her but if I added water to her food she drink it all up. Glad to see that cater is home and doing better.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah he is doing alot better....He just wants to sleep under me now...He goes and plays for a few minutes but then he just wants to lay down on any part of your body he can get on...He goes back to the vet tomorrow for a check up...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
When we first got Tyson he didn't drink much water. Now...he is outta control with it.  We fill the bowl and he drinks it all right away then sits there and wants more!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"47803":1nlccq5s]Leave the toilet seats up in the house.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i have a step stool in front of my bathroom sink, sumya uses her muzzle to push up the handle and drinks right from the faucet! :lol: she tends to drink more water when it is cold and fresh

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely keep the water fresh, but you can also try giving Carter ice cubes, mine love em as play toys, plus it gets them to drink....Sounds like Carter is staying very close to you since coming home, not too surprising tho....Let us know what the vet says when he see him

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wondering if it could be the bowl he is using...I have one of those 2 in one bowls...One side water and the other side food...I keep meaning to go get the metal bowls...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Be careful with the ice cubes.  I've tried it a few times when Ringer was hot and the bowl of water always ended up on the floor and water was everywhere.  All the while Ringer was chasing the ice cubes all around the kitchen.  He knocks his food bowl over every time he eats too so it could just be my retarded dog.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Well also keep in mind that the poor little guy just got over being sick...that could also be why he isnt drinking so much. Savannah doesnt drink all the time either, she rarely drinks from her bowl....and she has metal bowls. Reese is like a freakin....well i dont know what to compare her with....but she will drink and entire bowl of water, i could refill it and then drink another. She drinks SOOOOOOO much that i have to monitor how much water she is taking in.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="dan.daugherty\";p=\"47865":15nsagll]Be careful with the ice cubes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts