Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a question about droopy eyes.  Bear has little droopy eyes and I have noticed some other boxers with the same thing.  Is this a common thing?  Or is it rare?

My sister asked about Bear's eyes and if he could see good.   :?  

Anyone have a boxer with droopy eyes that ever had problems?  Or is it nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Some just have droopier eyes than others.  Nothing to worry about unless they seem infected.  My female has droopy eyes and you can really tell when she is tired too.

Nano

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His eyes seem fine, not infected or irritated.  He never complains   :)

Thank you for the replies!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
It looks like Bear has light haws making it so you can see pink around his eyes instead of the tight eyes, dark haws. Kash has lids (eye) that are not as tight as Hanna's.  Most of the time they will droop, while others they stay tight.  He has dark haws, just loose lids.   However because his lids are looser we have to constantly wipe his eyes so that nothing get caught in them or he gets infections.  he has more eye goop too.

Perfectly healthy just gotta keep them clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what if these droopy eyes just started happening? one of ranger's haws (i guess that's what you call the "meat" around the eye) is dark but the other one goes back and forth between pink and dark. i don't know what's going on with it, but he doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Donner has always had REALLY droopy eyes and usually they're deep red. I actually had a lady follow me through CountryMax one day INSISTING there was something wrong with my dog and I needed to take him to the vet asap. Despite several attempts to explain it to her, all to no avail. There's nothing wrong with it, just have to be sure his face is washed and the eye goobies stay clear in color. Don't know about changes in droopiness as they age, Donners have been like that since we brought him home as a pup.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Apollo has droopy eyes, you can tell even more when he is so tired.  We have had problems with eye infections so the best thing is just keeping the eyes clean and watching the eye goobers for any signs of infection.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this. I came here to ask this exact question but here it is! Harleigh's are more prominent when she is tired or just woke up as many others said. But most of the time, they are not TOO bad. But I noticed I am constantly wiping away goobers. I read in another thread that someone said that excessive eye discharge can be from their diet. Is this true? Anyone know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts