Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little guy has a very dry almost crusty nose, he is new in my home and I didn't notice it till the next day after I brough him home, is it normal and if not what can I do to make it better??

here is a few pics to help ...

thanks in advance....
Will and Lewis.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Chloe gets that during winter all the time.. I use vitamin E oil I get at GNC .. apply a few times and it's gone.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah, Buster had that along with real dry paw pads. I also used the vitamin E capsules, they really do work wonders!  :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"12363 said:
will that help my feet too? lmao
:think:  Now that is something I never tried on my feet! I don't know how many 100's of dollars I've spent on foot creme's. I will have to give the vitamin e a try!  :wink:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is an old wives tell that a dry nose or a wet nose means anything at all.  Usually it is heat/cold related.  Such as being inside an air cooled or heat cooled room  and exposure to change in temp, from going in and out.  Those are nothing to worry about.  If it is dry and seeping from the nostril green mucas which becomes crusted then that can be a sinus infection starting.

Also, there was mention of very dry foot pads.  Also can be temp related but can also be a sign of Hookworms since the hookworm egg is absorbed through the foot pat.

If your baby is eating well and active then it is probably okay.  If the normal activity changes then I would seek some help.

And everyone is right that Vit E is great for dry, cracked or peeling skin.  Also, dont forget the sun screen for the white boxer's.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Tootsie, I'm with ya there...Guess I need a bigger bottle of vitamin E.... :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our Berkeley had a nose like velcro....it was never wet.  She always had lint, dirt, snot, etc. stuck in it.  We just made sure we cleaned it out well when we gave her a bath (really had to scrub it out to clean it).  She was fine, just had a different nose than our other guys who always had very wet noses.  It never seemed to bother her and she was fine in every other way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts