Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that Beckham is starting to get a little dry flaky skin on his back, just above his rear end.  I took him outside and brushed him and that seemed to help.  I'm not sure if it's a combination of the weather getting colder (air becoming drier) and/or the switch to adult food?
Is there something we could add to his food to give him a little more moisture or would adding some Flaxseed oil to his food help his skin/coat?   He's getting 1 scoop of puppy (Solid Gold Wolf Cub) and 1 scoop of adult (Wolf King) right now and we mix with warm water.
Maybe it's the food?  But I don't want to make another switch in his diet until he's completely off the puppy food and has been on the adult food for a bit.  
On another note, I've also noticed B's ears seem to be getting "dirty" way more often than before.  I've been cleaning his ears and getting stuff out of them every 4-5 days, where before it was once ever week to week and a half.
Sorry for the long winded post...trying to give as much info as possible.
Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
You could add the flaxseed oil to his food to help his coat. I wouldn't add too much though. It could cause diarreah. Also, sardines packed in olive oil or a raw egg every once in a while might help.  
Does Becks ears stink at all? If they do, that could mean he's got an infection in them. If not, it could be a change in the food or even the weather that's causing it. Could be so many things. As long as he isn't shaking his head continuously or scratching at them I would just keep cleaning them and keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tootsie\";p=\"32064 said:
Does Becks ears stink at all?
 Well they have that 'ear smell' but it doesn't seem any stronger or smellier than normal.  They don't seem to bother him, no more scratching than usual.  He's not causing harm to himself or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts