Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oggie has developed some really dry skin.  Looks like he has dandruff all over.  I had to give him a bath recently and I didn't have oatmeal shampoo, that might have contributed to it.  I'm afraid it might be because of Canidae though, I've read others have had that problem.  He loves that food though and I really think it's one of the best, I'd rather not switch.  What can I do?  Will brushing him more often help?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I know there was a thread at one time about what to do for dry skin but don't remember what they suggested.  Kiah had all kinds of problems on Canidae.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Weather changes will also trigger dry skin...Buck used to get it a lot in the winter when we were in Ireland...Adding something that has oils will help..Like sardines packed in oil, fish oil is great for the coats....There are supplements you can get, Hanna Banana should have more info on that, cos I know she uses them on Hanna & Kash and they have awesome coats..... :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips everyone!  It may be just the change in seasons, the cold weather just started coming here.  I'll also try to get more oil into his diet.  I'll try these things before I blame the food.  Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts