Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rocky has really dry skin around the mouth area it bleeds b/c its so dry is there anyway to help this thank you

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Maple had dry skin and dandruff the vet suggested putting a little bit of olive oil in her food so we've been doing that for several weeks and the dandruff is gone.  Also I remember reading on here that an egg is good so she gets a raw egg in her food once a week instead of olive oil, and a lot of people seem to be using fish oil to help with dry skin too.... I'm sure someone with more info will chime in, hope your baby gets better :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I agree with Maple...adding some oils fish/salmon or omega3,6,9 would help. Also try not to bath Rock too often, Boxers are naturally a very clean breed, so only once every couple of months will do. We use aloe baby wipes in between baths if needed. Hope his dry skin clears up soon!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have heard that Vitamin E Oil is good for the skin.  I know someone that used carmex for the sores in the paws from cold weather, so I would imagine it would be OK around the mouth.  She said the dogs didn't like the taste of carmex so they didn't lick it off their feet.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I know the vet advised us to use Vaseline on Sadie's dry paws in winter...I'm not sure if that would work for the face or not...I would maybe try that or some neosporine or both...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts