Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of pumpkin and how much of both? also the pb that you use in the Kong is the natural or something else been putting a list of stuff for the wife and kids

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
plain canned pumpkin...plian low fat yogurt...pb can be natural (goes sour quickly though) or low sodium regular...

1 tbsp of the pumpkin or yogurt ... kong is at your discretion but most of us use 1 tbsp

hit the boxer belly recipe sexction for some good stuff to make...the babies on here seem to get a kick out of my muffins...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yogurt is also a very good digestive, if your dog has any of those issues. It also will help tons with the boxer, ahem...farts.  :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wonderfully informative post!
I wasnt sure of the peanut butter, but you guys have hit it on the nail for me.
The yogurt will be a welcomed addition, as Zuri has been a bit gasious lately, lol! :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yogurt adds probiotics (good bacteria) to the gut and pumpkin adds bulk fiber (food for the good bacteria to eat).

Use only 100% pure canned pumpkin, NOT the spiced pie filling and use no more than 2 tsps, as too much can cause the runs instead of combating the runs.

Pumpkin is really only good in the short term. It begins to lose its effectiveness if used over a period of time. Best to use it only during times of the runs, or during courses of antibiotics instead of all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a question,
I see where ya'll add honey to a few things in the boxer belly topic.
If you aren't supposed to give honey to a baby under 12 months
is honey safe for puppies and adults? Do you just mix it in the recipes or giving to them straight to. I have never gave a pet honey and was wondering what that benefits?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Food amounts

Hi,
  I have a 3 1/2 month old boxer pup.  We are feeding her 3/4 c of Innova twice a day and 1/2 c extra if she goes to playtime with other dogs.  She also gets frozen baby food if we crate her and lots of healthy treats.  Is this enough?  She weighs in at 24 lbs and very is energetic.  The vet says she is perfectly healthy (she has little puppy belly) but her ribs show a little.  Is this because she is growing so fast or because she needs more food?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts