Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we went to walk to puppies last night, we saw this sign posted to the electric poll that reads:

Lost Dog:
Three legged, blind in one eye, missing one ear, broken tail, recently castrated.
Responds to "Lucky."
If found: Please keep.

No tel. # or anything. And they went through the trouble of laminating the sign and everything.  All we could htink is maybe someone took in to for a bit while they found a new home and he ran off?
And this is a nice neighborhood...it's not like some crazy kid would go hanging random posters as a joke.
Such a strange sign.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"20219 said:
actually I've seen that before, it's a gag sign, you can buy it like that.
That is silly and kind of cruel to put a sign up like that.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
kiahsmom\";p=\"20227 said:
[quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"20219":2gju8cgi]
That is silly and kind of cruel to put a sign up like that.[/quote:2gju8cgi]

Yes it is, but it is true.  I saw it ran in a newspaper here before. It is a gag.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you kidding? That's insane, it's on a pole which technically is on my property (at the back of it...but technically still on the property) should I take it down? Why would someon put up a sign like that? people are insane.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just googled it, you're right...apparently, it's an "old joke." umm, haha?? whatever, it doesn't need to be on our property, I am going to take it down.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've heard of that sign before... but yeah... if it's on your property take it down... makes it seem like its your sign. Hmmm... that's strange.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"20230 said:
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"20227":1qsgz0lv][quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"20219":1qsgz0lv]
That is silly and kind of cruel to put a sign up like that.[/quote:1qsgz0lv]

Yes it is, but it is true. I saw it ran in a newspaper here before. It is a gag.
[/quote:1qsgz0lv]

Didn't mean you were silly, ment that whoever would put up a sign like that was silly (I was thinking kids) and cruel also.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went and looked and it is really on the border by the back of our property and the start of the neighbors. The neighbor is a somewhat older widow, I am sure she has no interest in the sign being there, so I think it is fair of me to take it down...but bc I am a chicken, I will wait till dark tonight...we are relatively new in the neighborhood and haven't met all the neighbors yet...just not ready to piss them all off yet! hahah!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah, that is an old one! probably kids... :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts