Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dungy was just being the booger he always is today and I guess he pissed off one of our older dogs and Snickers (our chocolate lab) got dungy in the jaw/mouth area.  He was crying and when drew and i looked, he was bleeding really bad and there was a hole in his jaw/gum area.  I was freaking out and balling and drew skipped work to take me and dungy to the vet.

The vet said he had a puncture in his gum but w/ some antibiotics should be ok, just to watch him.  After that i took him to Petsmart to get him whatever he wanted.  I was so mad at snickers and dungy was soo scared.  Snickers knew he was bad and has been all in the dumps and nice to dungy, and buffy went and layed by dungy and licked his eye boogers off him.

So today was pretty crazy and scary but i think he is gonna be ok, he ate all his food and wants to play

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, give that sweetheart a big hug for me..Poor Dungy, hope he heals really quick...You know he's just loving the attention :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Get better quick Dungy!  :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Poor Dungy, glad he is going to be okay!  They always know when they have been bad and try to make up for it! :D   Hopefully they won't do it again to him!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhhhhhhhh! Poor baby!! I'm glad he's going to be okay... and that you spoiled him at Petsmart! lol Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
aww poor dungy! hope he's feeling better...so cute that the other ones sucked up to him afterwards!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Aww... poor Dungy.  I hope it heals nicely.  
Try not to blame Snickers, he probably just snapped at Dungy and accidentally connected.. Delilah has done that before, she was trying to warn Felix but he jumped and she actually got him.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It is good practice for the "pack leader"  (you) to help monitor the puppy play for the older dogs benefit.  It teaches the pup to calm down and helps the older dogs to not have to react to the obnoxious behavior.  I am still monitoring my 16 months old play with my 3 1/2 yr old male who has a heart problem.  He will not get after her and he doesn't appreciate it.  I wouldn't be angry with Snickers either, just get a little more involved in monitoring the play Dungy does with the others.  He can learn to play and quiet on his own they just need guidance.

Nano

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor baby, hope he heals quickly.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
aww i hope dungy feels better...tell him not to bother snickers anymore. poor old man probably didnt mean to catch him just an accident.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts