Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so dungy was not acting right... i talked about it in chat last night... he hasnt wanted to play at all

well i took him to the vet and he has a temp of 104 and i guess is very whiny... they called me and said that when they went to examine him when they would check his ears and mouth he would cry.  And i guess his eyes have green boogers.

I am flipping out right now  :cry:  :cry: ... they are sending stuff to the lab cuz they are worried cuz he is a white boxer and they told me that their immune system is weaker than a regular boxer (i thought that was a myth)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Re: dungy is at the vet :(

oh no! Poor Dungy! I hope all works out and he just has a little doggy Flu. Be sure to keep us posted.

<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
from Kaci, Milo and I

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Awwww, poor Dungy!  And poor you!  I never know who it's harder on, them for being sick or us for not knowing what's wrong with them.  I hope he feels better soon.  Are you going to be able to bring him home today?  I'm not sure how much truth is to the white boxer immune system being weaker.....Lola was constantly sick when she was little and I was never told that.    Good luck & keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

I hope Dungy is feeling better soon!!! Poor guy with a fever. Hopefully it's something minor and he'll be back to his old self.
I was under the impression that the whiteys only diff health-wise was the susceptibility of skin cancer b/c of the lack of pigment. Never heard anything about the immune system.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts

Get well soon Dungy :(

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i pick him up in 15 minutes... can u tell i am counting down.  They said they might not have the results till tomorrow, sometimes they get the results the same day, but they told me to expect tomorrow.  They are testing his white cell counts and liver and stuff like that.

UGH this is not the time to happen.  I have a final today and i dont want to leave him, but im gonna have to :(.  AND i leave for home thursday... i have a vet there but his real one is here.... UGH UGH UGH

·
Registered
693 Posts

We are hoping all turns out well with the vet visit. Donner and Blitz say get well very very soon :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

well just got him at the vet... he seems more active

I am suppose to give him an oral antibiotic and a antibiotic for the eye.
We get the test results back tomorrow

They gave him a pain shot and an antibiotic shot
She said other from the way he is acting, he is 100% physically healthy.

All i can say is thank god for my discount i get there lol

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

Oh no poor Dungy!!! Feel better little guy! Maybe its just a bug!

·
Registered
160 Posts

I posted these in another thread, but they apply here as well.  These are good resources that talk about all the crappy myths surrounding whites.  I refuse to let a vet, no matter how qualified, make me believe my dog is more succeptible to health problems just because he is white.  Ask your vet if they can provide copies of scientific studies showing the data about white Boxers and increased disease risk.  They can't, because there aren't any.

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/white.shtml

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/inheritance.shtml

http://home.online.no/~hennilu/English/ ... ion/white/

·
Registered
231 Posts

Green boogies yeah, Logan had those a few weeks back, it was conjunctivitis. Get well soon Dungy.

G

·
0 Posts

glad dungy is back safe at home and on antibiotics.  that shot antibiotic kicked in pretty fast when vetty had pancreatitis.

hope the test results don't show any problems other than infection.

poor dungy and mommy!  

do well on your finals - try not to worry!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

laura!! iso sorry about dungy.. i remember u talked about it in chat last nite and i thought it was weather thing..sumya was sleepy too. i hope that he ffels better and good luck on your final!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Poor guy - hope they get him fixed up real soon!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i am just gonna let him sleep all he wants.... my poor baby :(

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

that is SO NOT true about their immune systems being weaker !!! that vet doesnt knwo what they are talking about !!! i am SO glad hes feeling better...if you really like this vet id say so what Sirus's dad said and print some stuff and give it to them...there is NO PROOF that thats tru

perfect example>>>

Isis was never taken care of..for 4 yrs...fed crap food, never ran, never let out of a concrete cage,abused & neglected...dumped off to die...she was 17 pounds, 4 yrs old, emaciated, upper resp infection, skin infections, eyes were gross, etc

it took us a few months of good food, exercise, yogurts, vitamins and antibiotics...and look at her now !!! she has a few minor skin irratations...but thats it !! heart,lungs, eyes,body all perfectly fine !!!!

if their immune systems were crappy...she would have died !!! no doubt...youve seen the pics i have of how bad off she was when she came home...dont let them fool you..Dungy is not at any more risk than any other dog

give him big hugs and kisses from us

1 - 20 of 75 Posts