Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teaki just LOVES squeaky toys.  She will carry them around and just squeak them for HOURS!!!   It does drive us nuts and we do have to tell her to stop while watching tv.  She is also VERY good at removing the squeaky from the toys.  .  We have found several different styles and she is still able to get them out.  Sometimes she will keep one squeaky for months and not remove it other times she has it out within minutes of giving it to her.  She also doesn't share "her" squeaky with Ziggi.  We always get them both the same toy (so there is no fighting) but she takes her squeaky and removes the squeaker and then steals Ziggi's and keeps it.  Before we got Ziggi the other two boxers we had with Teaki didn't play with squeaky toys so she never had to worry about one of them taking it!  Now she even carries her squeaky out to potty so Ziggi can't get it.  :roll:

Any suggestions on a squeaky toy that has a hard to remove squeaky?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Abby loves her squeakers and Brady tears apart everything. Fleece toys don't last 10 minutes with Brady. So far, this toy has outlasted Brady, not even a scratch in it and Abby squeaks it for hours at a time, it's her FAVORITE toy (and she has plenty to pick from!). I am convinced she thinks she's communicating with us through it...if you talk to her, she "talks back." She carrise it around like her baby...it's supposed to be a fish, but we call it her alien.

http://www.dogtoys.com/ruffiansdogtoy5.html

(petsmart carries them, i just don't see it on the website)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
How about a cuz? They are durable rubber and they really don't squeak, they make some other noise, sounds kind of like a cow in severe pain.  8O  They last really well though. Here is a link... you can get them at petco or petsmart also.

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fusea ... uct_id=324

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"11464 said:
Squeakers are banned from my house!
:rofl:  aww....your no fun! A little annoying are they?  :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
LOL!!! Just a little bit!!!

I can barely stand when Jessie licks herself... If I had to listen to a squeaker for more then a few seconds I'd end up throwing it out the window!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"11469 said:
I can barely stand when Jessie licks herself...
Oh....now that drives me nuts!!   :crazy:   Especially at night when I'm trying to sleep, all I can hear is that slurpy, clucky, and licking noise.   8O  She'd probably do it hours on end if I didn't stop her all the time. Crazy..... She would lick the skin off of people too! I can deal with kisses, but geez.....the licking!!!  :doh:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
LMAO!!! I KNOW!!!   I always stop her, and Shaun gets mad at me, and tells me to leave her... I just cant sit there and listen to her... She's alone for like half the day, why cant she lick herself when im not there! LOL!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
When you are not there she is sleeping because she was up half the night licking!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Cuz last forever in our house.  We also got two semi-indestructable balls.
One has a rattle inside of rubber strips and the other has a handle on it so they can really wing in around in the air or around the yard.  I got both from Petsmart and actually have survived Gunner's death grip.  He has popped every other type of ball.  

Scout is a fraidy-cat when it comes to balls but he loves the one with a rattle inside.  He will pick it up by one of the rubber strips and run with it all over the place.  It makes god-awful noise so that is why it is relegated to outside!

http://thepuppyshop.com/toy6.html

http://www.dogtoys.com/jollyball10.html

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oooh...I forgot about the jolly ball. Yes, those things are great. I actually think they were designed as horse toys (yeah I know, sounds weird), but they really are almost indestructable. My friends boxer did chew the handle off of one, but the ball was still intact!  :p

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone.  I haven't seen the ruffians squeaky so we will try that next.  She is on her 3rd CUZ, somehow she she gets in there and chews between the feet and pushes the squeaker into the cuz.  Right now she has had a $2.00 ball for two weeks and guards it with her life!  

We did find a flower shaped fuzzy squeaky that had 5 petals and a squeaky in each petal and one in the middle.  That kept her busy for awhile!  :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE......

You guys can buy your dogs toys???

My kids do all the pooch play things shopping at my house...

What I wouldn't do to buy a cute squeaky for my Silly Lilly.  On top of the "only we can buy Lilly's toys, mom!" issue, they are regularly donating their own toys to Lilly's stash.  Between the four of them, they have toys enough to rival Santa Clause!!!  LOL!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Liz, now I like that...Well, makes sense, only kids know kids, right? And boxers are just overgrown kids.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You've got that right!!!  It's actually pretty funny...Her breeder sent a couple of her crate squeakies with her when I brought her home.  She won't have anything to do with them, but she loves the horendus fish my kids got her and the Pound Puppy that they donated from their stash.  She wouldn't even go into her crate with the old squeekies in there.  Now she hops right on in with the incentive of the fish squeaky and pound puppy.

FYI---

Something someone may want to try with their boxers (ESPECIALLY A PUP)...

Silly Lilly loves Nylabones to chew, but her favorite is the Banana flavored Nylabone.  (Banana of all things.)  

Now we found out that she liked banana's the hard way.  She's not a food theif, but she will steal a banana if she gets half a chance.  If she does get ahold of one, she will eat it slowly as though she is savoring the flavor!!!  It's hilarious!!!  Since I got her the banana flavored Nylabone she doesn't try to steal bananas as often.

Just thought you might like something new to maybe try.

Liz and Lilly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts