Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a "dwarf boxer"??? We have a friend that just bought a boxer/bull mastiff pup... apparently the mom and dad were both boxer/mastiff mix and the owners said that theyre like 30 lbs. and called "dwarf"... I have never heard such a thing...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Probably the same thing as a those....  what are they?  Peki-poos?  The cross between a Pekingese and a Poodle?  They are not really a breed - just a mixed breed dog - like a mutt.

People like to give them "cute" names like - Peki-poo, cocka-poo, dwarf boxer - so people who don't do their homework will pay more thinking they are a pure-breed with they are really just a mutt.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Are you sure it was mastiff? Mastiffs are bigger than boxers, most topping out at over 100lbs. Sure it wasn't a boxer bulldog mix?

I agree - they're what are now being called "designer mixes". There are others out there creating "mini-boxers" that don't even have an ounce of boxer blood in them - they're just a mish mosh of other breeds that IMO don't even really look like boxers at all.

They're calling the boxer bulldog mixes "Valley Bulldogs". Honestly, the mix confuses me. . . Both breeds come with their own set of health challenges. The mix would seem like a vet's dream to me, and very costly.

On a sad note, these "designer mixes" are just that and hundreds of them are put down every day in shelters across the United States. :(

Mixed breed dogs make wonderful pets. I just wish that people would consider an animal who's life is in peril prior to spending their hard earned money on the latest trend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well theyre gonna go see the parents and get back to me. But last night I was over there and we searched for with the name dwarf and nothing came up.. So i think its a crock, but i dont know.. if no on here has heard of them ya know? Well my girlfriend told her bf that he was a bulldog/boxer mix and hes like ok well then yeah you can have him. They dropped him off and the guy says hes a bullmastiff/boxer dwarf. So I believe hes gonna be a big boy, but shes convinced hell be 30 lbs. but i just dont see a 130+ dog losing 100 lbs. and naming him a dwarf...

·
Registered
236 Posts
BurningRiver\";p=\"1010 said:
Are you sure it was mastiff? Mastiffs are bigger than boxers, most topping out at over 100lbs. Sure it wasn't a boxer bulldog mix?

I agree - they're what are now being called "designer mixes". There are others out there creating "mini-boxers" that don't even have an ounce of boxer blood in them - they're just a mish mosh of other breeds that IMO don't even really look like boxers at all.

They're calling the boxer bulldog mixes "Valley Bulldogs". Honestly, the mix confuses me. . . Both breeds come with their own set of health challenges. The mix would seem like a vet's dream to me, and very costly.

On a sad note, these "designer mixes" are just that and hundreds of them are put down every day in shelters across the United States. :(

Mixed breed dogs make wonderful pets. I just wish that people would consider an animal who's life is in peril prior to spending their hard earned money on the latest trend.
Ooooo...that's what a Valley Bulldog is! I heard someone talking about owning a VERY , RARE, expensive dog that he was scared someone was going to steal it. Tthat's what he called it. I was like..wth is he talking about?! :roll:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i saw that on Oprah too and i dont think they meant that it was a breed but rather just like humans can have genetic problems and be born with dwarfism this boxer was born with some very rare genetic problem that made him a "dwarf boxer". he looked like a reg size boxer but his legs were like stumps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i was looking for another boxer a lady tried selling me a teacup boxer online. She even tried saying he was full blood boxer and i could have him registered.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
how in the world would you take a boxer (average size say 60 lbs) and a mastiff ( average size 120 lbs) and make a dwarf? uhmm magic wand?

even taking an english bull dog and boxer still wouldnt cause a tiny dog...english bullys arent THAT small..more short and stocky...

unreal what people will do to make money :roll:

·
Registered
942 Posts
It would take years and years of breeding to get smaller boxers. I bet if Kaci (or even Jetta) were bred, they would have normal sized pups.

My boss has a poodle-schnauzer mix and she refuses to call it a snoodle, thank goodness. She rescued it from the city pound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts