Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale area, or Dade and Broward County area that has experience or know about a place where I can get my boxers ears cropped?? Trying to see where I can get my dogs ears done at a decent price (no more than 300$). He is turning 11 weeks in a few days so im trying to get them done ASAP.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The only thing I can recommend is to ask your vet if he knows any vets that crop. They can probably help you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi....I'm from Indiana.  OMG...don't get the pups ears done!  Boxers look so cute with them natural!  I get the MOST compliments on my Boxer wherever I take her......comments like "she is sooo cute", "I've never seen a cuter dog..what is that...a Boxer!"  If you are partial to it, I understand!  It was sooo hard for my boyfriend to make the choice to NOT have our girls done.  He learned all he could about having ears cropped......and realized that it was best to have them natural!  BEST of luck to you!!!!!!  I hope you find a great place to have them done!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah talk to your vet or local vets.I know the vet I work for dont do it because their are risks (loosing your dog) durning the procedure

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I also prefer natural ears and like the whole flop ear look on a boxer.  
All that being said, and because it is the info you asked about......

I know of one vet in what I think is your area and I know they do ear crops.  I am not sure of the price, but it is........

Atlantic Animal Hospital
1950 W Atlantic Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444-1568
Tel: 561.272.1552

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ear cropping is a personal choice.  I would check with your vet for good references.  Mine was able to steer me away from someone with less experience and towards a vet that had many years experience.  

We had both of ours done and they showed little pain and healed well (with little taping afterwards).  A good vet who is experienced can make the procedure pretty painless for you and your boxer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts