Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sierra will shake like a wet dog, then she completely tilt her head to the side, as if her left ear hurts. She does this during the day, at night it wakes her up. If she's laying down, she stand up really quick, does the shake, then tilts her head. If she is running, she'll even run this way. It looks really odd. This afternoon, she looked at me and kind of whimpered. Maybe she was just sad the boys left. I don't know if she can have an ear infection, since she is on an antiboitic before starting heartworm treatment. Maybe this is just her little thing and nothing is wrong? I hope! Any ideas?
Kelly

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Smell in her ear, if it smells then that is your first sign that there is an infection.

I would definitely ask a vet though.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Definitely sounds like something is going on in there. Can you see any black gunk in her ear? That's a sure sign or some ear mites. Like Jessiesmom said, smell her ear, if it stinks there is probably an infection in there. Either way you should get her to the vet for some treatment. These ear problems don't go away on their own, and will just keep getting worse. Keep us updated on her heartworm treatment too.  :wink:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Could be a baterial infection... My boyfriend's pitbull had one and he use to do it all the time..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Her ear doesn't smell, but it is dirty, the other one isn't. We have an appt on Friday. Hopefully it's nothing major.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts