Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this bump on Colt's eye. I don't think it was there a few hours ago. We went for a walk and he sniffed some poop and urine. Not sure if that might have anything to do with the bump on his eye. His ears have been irritated for a while but the vet said it was just them folding over and getting irritated from him being outside and from the dry environment, but I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Perhaps he got bitten my a bug when sniffing. I'd just keep an eye on it for a few days to see, and if it doesn't improve then I'd have the vet take a look. His ears, not sure I haven't seen that before do to dryness so I'm at a loss. What is he eating? Is it grain free? Does he scratch it or shake his head? It looks irritated to me making me wonder if its more than dryness. Perhaps the vet has a lotion of some type to use.
He is looking very good by the way, such a pretty boxer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's eating Wellness Core grain free puppy kibble sometimes with wet food mixed in. He's been scratching the more irritated one and whining when he does it so I'm guessing it's itchy and hurts when he scratches it. The bump disappeared overnight. When I brought him home from the breeder he was on a mix of Orijen puppy kibble, wellness core canned food, and grandma Lucy's freeze dried food. The redness started to appear the more his ears flipped over on themselves, and only on the tips of the folds. I thought it had more to do with them folding over and it being so dry and cold outside and then dry and cold inside than with his food.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
The bump looked like a bug bite, the ears are probably more allergy related. Try adding in a probiotics to his meals twice daily as well as using a baby wipe to wipe them out and keep them clean. You can apply a small amount of coconut oil to the inflamed flaps twice daily to help soothe and heal them.

If your wellness core Is Chicken based, I would try and find something that is poultry free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts