Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my work is launching a new satellite tonight.
The AMERICOM-14 (AMC-14) satellite, being leased to DISH Network, will launch on Friday, March 14. It will take off aboard a Proton M/Breeze M rocket overseen by International Launch Services (ILS) from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The craft will look similar to the rocket used by EchoStar VIII that launched in 2002.

You are welcome to watch the lift-off live. Here are details:

Via computer:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Cool... we actually left Dish Network and went to DirecTv because the amount of HD channels was HUGE. OH and the NFL Sunday Ticket! LOL We really did love Dish Network though... too bad they have stupid "tickets"... if they had the NFL Sunday Ticket we'd have never left and if they got it... we'd switch back over in a heart beat!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We actually have the same HD channels available that they do....but cant go in to that any further.....

But we will be adding over 100+ more HD channels withing a few weeks.

I would still catch the satellite launch because it might have in impact on you as well being with Direct TV because they also use the same satilittes but at a different frequency.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... don't get me wrong... I'd rather have Dish Network. We even kept them when we moved here but they lied about letting us have LA stations. They use to when we lived in TX but I guess the networks get all upset and have to okay it first... but they okayed the wrong ones... could care less about UPN! We wanted CBS and what not! We do like the menu layout better with Dish Network, along with the DVR functions but we've also been loyal customers since 2000 (so maybe we were just use to it)... well till last years football season came around. They play all the stupid games we don't care about here... so it was tough the previous year trying to deal with boring games. Well they USE not to have a bunch of HD Channels (either that or the guy I talked to on the phone was an idiot lol)... and then DirecTv added even more AND it was cheaper. But that was last year... I'm sure things have changed... like I said though it wasn't really the HD that did it... but the NFL Sunday Ticket!

I'm honestly for any satellite service! It's all A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN CABLE!!! The clarity and everything! I thought I was going to die when we were in an apartment for 5 months (while looking for a house to buy). We couldn't have a dish... SOOOO we had to get CABLE!!  8O Honestly didn't realize there was THAT big of a difference in picture quality!

Love Dish Network though! Tell them we'll go back if they pick up the NFL Sunday Ticket! LOL

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no control over that .... I only pay 40.00/month with top 250, ultimate hd package, locals, dvr, and dual tv receiver.  and also have comcast if we have to much rain fade..aka bad weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts