Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gave Tinkerbell a spoon full of plain yogurt the other day. Yesterday her poop just squirted out. Thankfully she's back to normal poop today. Just wondering if anyone's boxer experienced bum stomach when first introduced to yogurt?

Oh and I also started her on virgin coconut oil (VCO) the day before yogurt day. Maybe too much too soon?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My guess is that it maybe to much at once. Some boxers are lactose intolerance. When I first gave Demitri yogurt I mixed it with peanut butter, which he has had previously. I freeze it in his kong. He loves it

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm not sure how much lactose yogurt contains since the bacterial colonies likely broke a lot of it down. Nevertheless, not too much too fast.

As I've mentioned in other threads, Rex has a very sensitive stomach and whenever it's upset I mix in some yogurt with his food and it seems to actually help his poops.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
It is likely the coconut oil. As Ogien mentioned, yogurt is very low in lactose as it is used up by the bacteria in the fermentation process.

Like Gypiemouse said, start off slow with the coconut oil as that is likely the culprit!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it. Thanks for the replies! She's normal now. I'll back off on the next servings.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
yeah always start slow with our boxer kids; sensitive tummies. oh and always use plain, natural yogurt too. Coconut oil is great!

·
Registered
793 Posts
yeah always start slow with our boxer kids; sensitive tummies. oh and always use plain, natural yogurt too. Coconut oil is great!
YES! Always plain yogurt. Whether you do fat free or not is a personal choice. Guess it depends on your dogs health, weight, age, all that stuff.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm. I think Tinkerbell doesn't do too well with yogurt. Her poo has been normal. Gave her a teaspoon of yogurt earlier. She squirted Liqui-Poo not 15 minutes after :boxr:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hmmm. I think Tinkerbell doesn't do too well with yogurt. Her poo has been normal. Gave her a teaspoon of yogurt earlier. She squirted Liqui-Poo not 15 minutes after :boxr:
I think that's your cause. Karma can't have dairy and this is one of the reasons why. Some dogs are okay with dairy and others are not. Cut it out of her diet.

Why are you feeding yoghurt anyways?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts