Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If we think a little bit about of the quality of the food for dogs than we can understand that our pets have less power, especiallty in their teeth. In my opinion, ace antlers are the best solution in order to make their dental tissue times stronger than before. But, to be honest, I have no idea if it is good for little dogs, because I always had big dogs in my yard. Ace antlers have a lot of minerals that keeps their teeth strong and also it is a very good sharpener for them. So, I would recommend it to everybody.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Well ,,, this is not really a "little dog," forum??? And yes some of us have them?? I don't myself but Chi/Pom's are pretty cute! Queenie, was like walking 8 pound's of "Cuteness," on a leash. I luv'd that dog. :)

And I doubt a "Antler," would hurt her teeth?? Because ... she would not try and "Destroy," it?? But as you "implied," Real Dog's will.

Working Line GSD's for one ... will at least try and destroy ANTLER'S as that is just what "Big Dog's Do???" And they can and have "broken teeth while doing so."

If "whatever mineral's are in an Antler?? Are that important?? A "vitamin," supplement ... would be a lot safer, in my "opinion."

And bottom line ... I have never seen or heard of report's of Wolves in the Wild that take down the Antler carrying games ... actually "eating the Antler's??" But maybe I missed it???

I have had American Band Dawg's, Boxer/Pitt's, Boxer's and a WL GSD and all of them can shred "whatever, into shard's of crap! I have to get rid of cow knuckle's once they start taking out chunk's!

None of my dog's will ever see a "Deer Antler," under my watch. But other's are of course, free to do as they see fit. :)

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Your right Chip, many of these antlers sold end up breaking teeth. Think about it antlers are hard enough to withstand another deer's antlers when fighting, so to me it means they are hard enough to break your dog's teeth and can also be sharp enough to cause oral punctures.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Your right Chip, many of these antlers sold end up breaking teeth. Think about it antlers are hard enough to withstand another deer's antlers when fighting, so to me it means they are hard enough to break your dog's teeth and can also be sharp enough to cause oral punctures.
Yep, sometimes you go with "Show Me" and sometimes, it's "best to learn from other's."

Either approach work's ... but learning from the experience of other's, is usually less expensive and painful. ANd as I am want to say "Been There Done That Got The Stitches! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My approach is to choose the maximum amount of everything natural in life. It would seem that antlers are the most natural and useful raw materials. But I have heard a lot of stories that they still harm dogs. Therefore, in this situation, I have to deviate from my principles and use all sorts of substitutes and toys. There is a very high risk that this will not work for your dog and it may injure its teeth. But as with people, everything is individual. There are cases when dogs feel great. Which is exactly what the posts on this forum confirm :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
My dogs chew nyla bones and benebones and love them when they are worn down I replace them I have also given them "no hides" to chew on they love those but those are only once in a while they use their bones daily and I have never had to have dental cleaning on any of my dogs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts