Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do not encourage giving your boxer medications without consulting your veterinarian first. However, we do understand that emergency situations occur, so I am providing a link to a veterinarian clinic that list over the counter medications that are labeled safe for dogs. PLEASE make every effort to contact your vet before giving. If you are unable to reach your regular vet try and contact and emergency vet.. If all fails PLEASE read the directions very carefully before administering these medications..

OTC Medications

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thank you for posting! Its nice to see the recommended dosage for medicines to give when going to the vet at that moment isn't possible.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That is good info. I actually have a small plastic box with Sunomi's meds and his vet records in it that I take with me when we go away.I know, a little over the top, but you never know what he will get into. He seems very good at finding spiders and bees.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its awesome to see the suggested dose for drugs to provide when going to the vet at that time isn't possible.
I actually have a little nasty box with Sunomi's drugs and his vet information in it that I take with me when we go away.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Grrr, can't access the link on my iPad, I'll have to turn on the computer to get the list but what a great idea... Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
excellent reference

Thanks for posting this info. I like that you picked a reliable source that lists references for the information. I come from a medical background and know first hand how dangerous it can be to take information from unregulated sources.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
printed it out to keep with us, i keep benadryl with me at all times since mine can have allergic reactions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts