Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel for the last few weeks has been farting literally every 5 minutes or less. and it's BAD. it's loud, it's smells just terrible. and worst of all..he ignores it completely. he's got that 'yep, it was me' attitude about it.

We don't feed them people food, and they've been on canidae since he was a pup, so no food changes either. What could be the cause of this? I know boxers are pretty bad with gas, but he's never been this bad before. So I'm kinda thinking that there has to be some reason for it. Right?

Any ideas will be very very welcome!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LOL! Kelly was just saying the same thing....problem here is you really can't tell who the offender is!LOL! There are three and they are USUALLY together in the same area...I asked my SIL who has owned MANY boxers in her lifetime(since my hubby was 5 years old and he's gonna be 49~You do the math!LOL) and she said...and I quote "Hehehehehehe!" According to here, there IS no cure and some are worse then others! Sorry...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
 Ah yes, boxer farts!

The only thing I can offer is to give him 2 tablespoons of plain lowfat yogurt every day. That usually will help with the gas.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...it sounds like yogurt is my only defense against it. I'll try it out. Cause really..we're about to bring out the gas masks.
lol this morning, karin and I were in the kitchen, and as usual Diesel comes strolling out hours after we get up. So we both say good morning and give him a few pets. and how does he respond? With a PFFFFFFFSSST.
Well good morning to you too....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO, Now that is one heck of a way to be greeted in the morning! :lol: I have noticed that since I switched to the Chicken Soup a few months ago that smelly farts are rare, oh yea, they still have gas, but the majority of the time they don;t clear the room....Definitely try the yogurt, it should help..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've read that eating food too fast can cause this, because excess air gets trapped in the digestive system.   So maybe try to control the amount they eat at once by dividing up into smaller meals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you DieselMom.......the farting is horrible.   I don't mind the sound or frequency......but the smell is horrible.  I've tried the yogurt..no luck,  pumpkin...no luck.   The only thing I haven't tried is slower feeding........she eats her food real fast.  I read somewhere that if you elevate their food bowl it forces them to eat slower.......I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah's used to be deadly but now on Pro Plan selects she hardly farts anymore; just if she needs to go to the bathroom.  YEA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Also if she is a speed eater, put a tennis ball in her bowl or spread her food out on a cookie sheet, that slows them down  :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no, both my dogs have always nibbled. they'll take a few pieces in their mouthes, walk to a different room of the house, eat it..then start again.
but like I had said earlier..that the frequency and smell of his gas was worse than normal..and today I haven't heard a peep from him...Literally I guess. lol so yay..he hasn't chased me out of a room yet today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts