Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to boxers always had rotties. So I have read several articles on posting of ears. I am a little confused between posting and cropping. I do not want to crop the ear but I want them erect, is that what the posting is for. At what age do I start the posting process? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hello I am new to boxers always had rotties. So I have read several articles on posting of ears. I am a little confused between posting and cropping. I do not want to crop the ear but I want them erect, is that what the posting is for. At what age do I start the posting process? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
I could be wrong as I have very limited knowledge in this, but I believe the posting is done after the ears are cropped and the stitches are out.

I don't believe its possible to have a boxers ears standing erect without cropping them.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
yep pretty much what he said. It's kinda pricey and after care is pretty labor intensive.
And not all crops look the same?? If you really want to do this the window is short (I do believe??)

And it would be best to find other Boxer owners a club??? And see how there dogs look and who they used if like there dogs looks. To much trouble for me, I favored Floppy and Docky that look fit my Struddell like a glove. :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I believe a boxers ears should be cropped between 7-9 weeks-though I've read up to 12 weeks of age. Boxer Dog Ear Cropping | Price | Age | Standards That is a good article explaining ear cropping on boxers. Since they can be shown in natural ears I see no reason to put them thru the pain. Tail docking is becoming more unpopular but at least that is done at 2 or 3 days old where I'm sure they still feel it but not to the point a 7 or 8 weeks old would. Personally I love my floppy earned boy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for responding I really appreciate the responses. So now I know that only stand erect by cropping which I don't want to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts