Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm officially on the essential oil craze, have a box of 20 oils and a diffuser on its way to my house in a few days. Pretty excited to try some for myself, mostly to help with back pain, also with cold season likely to hit at some point, I've been told that they make great for vapor rubs... Also plan to clean with them as well.
I'm curious has anyone ever used oils with their pets? I know lavendar is good for calming dogs.. But with all the others is there any others out there used on our furry friends? Or even ones not to put in my diffuser that might be toxic? I'm for sure going to be doing more research just starting here, also if anyone has tips for using essential oils in general (on oneself) would love to hear about it.
:wbounce:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have used lavender for soothing and relieving itches. Chamomile is good for burns, stings and allergic reactions while pepper mint reduces allergies and also acts as an insect repellent.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used lavender for soothing and relieving itches. Chamomile is good for burns, stings and allergic reactions while pepper mint reduces allergies and also acts as an insect repellent.
Good to know, how do you apply them? With a carrier oil? Or alone?

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
I've heard that a lot of oils need to be diluted in a carrier oil, but haven't used any myself. Although it is something I'd like to read up on more (if I ever find time)

I'd recommend you find a good book about them on Amazon or something and read up more before using them as they can be dangerous if used incorrectly.

And apparently they aren't all created equal. Here's a good link that tells you what to look for when purchasing them and rates the best ones:

Best Essential Oil Brands Reviews and Comparisons for 2015

1 - 8 of 8 Posts