Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to warn all my boxer lovers looking for a reputable breeder!

Tara O'Conner from Euro Boxx Boxers in Concord NC is not to be trusted at all.

I purchased a puppy Nov 2019 from her for $2500 with limited AKC registration upon proof of neuter. I got him neutered July of 2021 and sent over proof immediately she said she would send out within a month. It's been 6 months since and she's come up with excuses ranging from "she's in the process of moving" to ridiculously claiming "she's on blood pressure meds so not sleeping" now she no longer answers my messages and has my number blocked.

So If you're considering her please move along. I'd be happy to provide proof. There's more so If anyone has any other questions about my experience feel free to message me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would contact the AKC and file a formal complaint.
The AKC does nothing! I have called them about my boxer who was sold with congenital pulmonary stenosis and they said that since dogs are considered property that this was a case for small claims court. Also they told me that they have no system to warn others about sketchy breeders. Very eye opening and very sad for owners and boxer babies.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I purchased a puppy Nov 2019 from her for $2500 with limited AKC registration upon proof of neuter. I got him neutered July of 2021 and sent over proof immediately she said she would send out within a month. It's been 6 months since and she's come up with excuses ranging from "she's in the process of moving" to ridiculously claiming "she's on blood pressure meds so not sleeping" now she no longer answers my messages and has my number blocked.

So If you're considering her please move along. I'd be happy to provide proof. There's more so If anyone has any other questions about my experience feel free to message me.
Thanks for posting this. I want to warn others against Earnest Southern Boxers. They are on Facebook and Instagram but PLEASE do not buy any puppies from this woman. I got a 100% euro female born 12/4/2020 from her and paid $2000. I was also required to spay after 1-2 years? and my Christa came with a health guarantee for 12 months. She looked perfect initially but at 8 months we noticed purely by accident a very loud murmur and had it worked up. She has severe congenital pulmonary stenosis. Yes I could have taken her back and received another puppy from a future litter but #1 - after 8 months I / we did not want to return her. #2 - most breeders euthanize for this condition. The worst part of this is that the breeder has continued to breed these parents ( who were health checked and passed) but something like a recessive gene is present. The breeder did not notify any of the other litter mates - I did or as many as I could find and one owner told me that she had purchased breeding rights for her male and would be breeding him. It is so sad. I no longer have contact with this breeder but please please please stay away from her. She is unethical.

·
Registered
8 Posts

A couple of years ago I put down a nonrefundable deposit with her to purchase a puppy from one of her future litters. She eventually stopped returning calls and emails from both myself and my wife (and I didn't send that many). I finally gave up on her and took a chance with another breeder in North Carolina. The other breeder charged a lot less and we couldn't be more happy with our new puppy.

·
Administrator
7,189 Posts
The AKC does nothing! I have called them about my boxer who was sold with congenital pulmonary stenosis and they said that since dogs are considered property that this was a case for small claims court. Also they told me that they have no system to warn others about sketchy breeders. Very eye opening and very sad for owners and boxer babies.
In regards to registration papers, the AKC will look into it as they are a registry. As long as you have the appropriate documentation to support that you bought a registered puppy from registered parents.

They will not get involved with any health related issue. That is a small claims matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I feel that the AKC should get involved with health matters- even if it’s a registry that owners and potential owners can see the parents and litters health and temperament because people lie. In full disclosure I could have “exchanged “ Christa for a future puppy but chose not to and decided to end my relationship with this breeder. The AKC told me that they had no options in place to help me or to flag this breeder even though she violated multiple AKC codes of ethics.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
The AKC only governs the breeds standards but everything else your on your own I have seen some horrible looking Boxers that are AKC regestered so it pays to do your homework interview the breeder see the dogs and if you get a bad feeling walk away
The one nice thing I have now noticed is on their market place breeders are listed as breeders of merit, those that actively show, do health testing and if they are part of a breed club. Then you also see those that do nothing other than breed their AKC dogs. So its a start. I don't think there is anyway for anyone to police breeders as consumers we need to as you say do our homework. I don't know anything about the breeder that was mentioned but when I googled the site didn't list health testing or documentation on it, it did state this is a hobby breeder and that she imports her dogs. But you can't tell who the breeder was of the imported dogs or their health testing. Now the breeder perhaps has it but I'd want to see it and know more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A couple of years ago I put down a nonrefundable deposit with her to purchase a puppy from one of her future litters. She eventually stopped returning calls and emails from both myself and my wife (and I didn't send that many). I finally gave up on her and took a chance with another breeder in North Carolina. The other breeder charged a lot less and we couldn't be more happy with our new puppy.
Good move. I love my dog but he has been by far the hardest to potty train, he would mess in his own crate and now steps in his mess so I have to be hypervigilant with him. I had been on contact with her for 2 years prior to purchasing. I drove to NC from NJ when I purchased him so I had no idea but when I got to her (small) house she had all the dogs in crates in the kitchen and dining room about 10 dogs and more running in the small backyard. She told me they had to take turns outside of their crates. I wanted to (and should have) run the other way but I had already committed so much time and money. She assured me she was "buying a large property" for the dogs. The puppies (which she also gave me the craziest run around to send photos) were in a playpen stepping in their own waste ( so no surprise now).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good move. I love my dog but he has been by far the hardest to potty train, he would mess in his own crate and now steps in his mess so I have to be hypervigilant with him. I had been on contact with her for 2 years prior to purchasing. I drove to NC from NJ when I purchased him so I had no idea but when I got to her (small) house she had all the dogs in crates in the kitchen and dining room about 10 dogs and more running in the small backyard. She told me they had to take turns outside of their crates. I wanted to (and should have) run the other way but I had already committed so much time and money. She assured me she was "buying a large property" for the dogs. The puppies (which she also gave me the craziest run around to send photos) were in a playpen stepping in their own waste ( so no surprise now).
Maybe your dog will grow out of it? How old is he/she? Have you had a boxer before? My last boxer had a pee issue his whole life but his breeder seemed pretty good to me. And I remember when he was a puppy, we came into the room once and he had played in his poop and spread it everywhere. But he grew out of that problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe your dog will grow out of it? How old is he/she? Have you had a boxer before? My last boxer had a pee issue his whole life but his breeder seemed pretty good to me. And I remember when he was a puppy, we came into the room once and he had played in his poop and spread it everywhere. But he grew out of that problem.
He'll be 3 in Sept

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you be willing to share which breeder you went with? We're in WNC and searching. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would you be willing to share which breeder you went with? We're in WNC and searching. Thanks!
I did a search on marketplace.akc.org to find a breeder. I did a search and I don't see any puppies from the breeder that I used (I checked "available now" and "coming soon"). I would need to contact him to see if he would mind me putting his info on a forum, but you might check the marketplace link first.

·
Administrator
7,189 Posts
I did a search on marketplace.akc.org to find a breeder. I did a search and I don't see any puppies from the breeder that I used (I checked "available now" and "coming soon"). I would need to contact him to see if he would mind me putting his info on a forum, but you might check the marketplace link first.
You could always send a private message :)
Click on the members name and select message.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We purchased our boxer Xena from Tara in 2018 and same story as yours! After providing all paperwork from our vet we got a lot of excuses, unanswered calls and emails and never received ANY paperwork. Xena is beautiful and healthy but without papers I feel I shouldn’t have to pay $2500 as I did.
Avoid that breaded or get the price lowered to $1500 as it should be for a dog without papers

·
Registered
2 Posts

I cannot be trusted??? You lied to me about being a boxer breeder...It is widely known that i do not sell breeding rights...

Why would a boxer breeder purchase a male dog with only limited registration??? Answer...So she can take the AKC registration and register with another registry and breed the dog. I don't believe for one minute that the dog i sold you has been neutered. You are blocked from phones calls because of the unhinged voicemails that you left that upset my children. Particularly, my Autistic son...

All potential Boxer owners, please private message her so she can sell you one of her puppies. AC Boxers...You are nothing but a bait and switch scam...

I will not respond to any future posts. I am busy taking care of my boxers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts