Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While researching EURO lines I came across some information about differences involving their heat cycles. Most notably that EURO lines tend to only season once a year... I was wondering if anyone ever ran across this or has personal experience with EURO lines and can verify this fact...

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
It depends on the individual dog. I have personally found that my Euro''s or Euro lined (50-75% )come into heat every 9-12 mths. My 100% American girl was every 6mths. Now with that being said, I knew of a pure Euro female that also comes into heat every 6 months. So I do not believe that anyone can say with certainty that Euro`s heat cycles are spaced further apart.

This of course is just my personal opinion :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm inclined to call that hooey. ;) It may be that the "Euro" lines the particular person who wrote that article works with only come in about once a year - but in my experience, both personal and through 12 years of discussions on mailing lists, message forums, etc. - North American Boxer females cycle on average every 9-11 months. My current girls - one full NA, one full UK, and one 1/2 of each ;) - cycle about every 9 months; my old girl (full NA) was every 10.5 months.

·
Registered
99 Posts
this may shed some light on why poppy has a 9month cycle, was a bit worried about it at 1st as i was expecting every 6months, thanks guys.
she is 100% uk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts