Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Move you furniture!   We are getting the new couch today and I moved my old ones out this am.  I was like  :eek:   I use a steamer once a month on the carpets but you never know how bad they are until you move a peice of furniture that has been there since the carpet was put in.

Dirty Dogs!  LOL.    Now its going to freak me out - must steam clean

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol, I know how you feel... my wife is the same way

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="Rocky07\";p=\"114332":2fkurg29]I'm so glad I have brown carpet!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
After I saw the pics of the new couches I knew what this was going to be about Heather..Yea, it's amazing how much dirt that gets "hidden" huh? Ugh I just hate carpet

G

·
0 Posts
When we rearranged our furniture we found TOYS that we thought had "disappeared"  

Haha.  The dogs acted like they just got new ones when we gave them back    :roll:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
We ripped out our carpet in the living/dining/hall areas a couple of years ago and replaced it with an light oak laminate.  Laminate isn't as nice as hardwood, but it was cheaper and less likely to get scratched up, due to the dogs.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I moved my furniture around in my bedroom, couldn't believe the dirt.  Need a good professional cleaning or a better carpet cleaner mine is pretty old.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow Grammie that is some major repairs going on..Remodleing sucks, but I sure do like the end results :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just rearranged my living room and i could not believe the outline of dirt around the places my couches use to sit. I called an indianapolis carpet cleaner immediately to come take the stains up. And they did! This will be an ever couple month process until i can afford a dyson. I'm terrified to have the carpet pulled up and to see what could be underneath. i guess i will be spot cleaning more and vacuuming more now.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I just rearranged my living room and i could not believe the outline of dirt around the places my couches use to sit. I called an indianapolis carpet cleaner immediately to come take the stains up. And they did! This will be an ever couple month process until i can afford a dyson. I'm terrified to have the carpet pulled up and to see what could be underneath. i guess i will be spot cleaning more and vacuuming more now.

I was so excited when I bought a dyson last year. A couple of months later, I bought a bissel proheat steam cleaner. I used the dyson to vacuum first. I have to tell you, once I started cleaning the carpet with the steam cleaner, I was SHOCKED by the amount of hair the dyson DID NOT pick up. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed in the dyson after that. :disgusted:I would suggest you spend the extra money on the carpet cleaner. :dance:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I have laminate thru oit the whole house. After seeing what rugs collected I will never have them again. Also have leather couch etc.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
U just bought a Hoover wind tunnel for $99 on sale. The dog hair it picked up was amazing! I refuse to spend $600 on a vacuum. We only have a little carpet. I recommend the Hoover and much cheaper than the dyson. I love it!!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I also bought a room a pet edition. It actually works quite well and schedule it to run in the living room and family room while we sleep. If u run it frequently it does a nice job.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This thread was from 2008!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Simple answer, no. LOL
When we moved in Octane discovered a rogue container of molasses and decided to indulge. Of course the most obvious place to do this was the stairs. I had no resolve let so I used a household spray cleaner. It lifted some of the colour and now it looks like my stairs a filthy except for those spots. Darn dogs. Thankfully the only part of the house with carpet is the stairs. I just have to sweep ever two days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
A quick dirty fact: Most of today's carpet can hold close to 1lb of dirt per square foot! I've been into homes were this has been the case. You put the monster rx-20 machine on it hit the spray button and.....nothing. ZERO water is being extracted from the carpet that otherwise would be visible in the window. I mean for a full twenty seconds! This indicates the dirt is soaking up the water. So if you have reddish clay dirt in your yard please don't wait till you see the dirt. It's impossible to take hard packed clay out of carpet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts