Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres our newest addition to the family. Diesel is 11 weeks old and gets along just great with everyone, including his older "sister" Piper! Hes sure a handful though, I don't remember Piper keeping us on our toes like this! Is there any special treatment I should consider when training a boxer? Thanks for the tips everyone!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome!! Diesel is freaking cute!! I love his face! I always love the name Piper! That will be my next puppies name!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!  He is soo cute!!! :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Advise from a professional trainer:

Boxers need "strict" training.  I have found that training based in play is great with Boxers.  They have such a high energy level and have a tendency to be playful even as "geriatrics" that play based training works very well.  It also utilizes their drive to work in a positive manner.  If you make training fun, your Boxer will WANT to keep training and learning new things.

When I say strict, I mean they need to know you are the leader of the pack.  They need to have boundaries, limitations, and rules.  This way they know what is expected of them.

Training also deepens the bond between the owner and dog as well as increases the trust in the realationship.

I wish you the best of luck with your Boxer pup.

He sure is a handsome boy!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forums!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, another Diesel!! How cool, must be a popular name...Welcome to all of you..Diesel is a cutie and Piper is a very pretty girl. Read thru our puppy section, there are a lot of great tips to use and also the training section...Like Lillyzmomma said, I found it worked well when I made games out of training. Boxers are natural clowns and by combining the 2, it keeps their attention more....Good luck and feel free to ask as many questions as you need...

·
Registered
616 Posts
They are too cute!  Diesel reminds me of my Scout when he was little!  Boxers sure can be a hand full and need constant supervision  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome Diesel, Piper and family!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  Diesel is a real cutie!  Piper is beautiful!

The one thing we found is that when playing with our puppies NOT to make the growling sound.  That way when they start playing together as they get older they can play tug and together without growling at each other.  It sure helped ours. Boxers can be very bossy and expect their own way...sorta the what's mine is mine and what's yours is ALSO MINE!  :D  Since they are so smart it is easy to work with them and train them, they do learn very quickly.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
He has the cutest face ever!  I love his coloring and his big eyes!  Could he be any cuter!?!  And Piper's so pretty!  They're gonna have some good times together!  Congrats on your new addition :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
BEAUTIFUL...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
245 Posts
Awww Diesel is TOO cute!! Piper is quite a pretty lady too...such beautiful furkids you have. When training a Boxer...remember to praise them like crazy for doing it right. And welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the great info guys! Not to knock Diesel, but hes definately a "different breed" than Piper. She pretty much taught herself everything she knows. Diesel is needing a bit more encouragement, but we love him nonetheless!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts