Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kain is almost 8 monthes old now and has been housebroken with 0 accidents since 3 monthes. But ever since he was a puppy he'll pee all over someone new when he greets them. I try to let him out right before he might meet someone whice sometimes works but not always. When he was little i was thinking it was no big deal he'll grow out of it but it hasnt changed at all, sometimes i think it might be getting worse. Is this something that he will grow out of? He isnt fixed yet, would that help at all? He's been extrememly socialized ever since he was a pup so seeing different people isnt new to him, he just goes nuts and starts peeing everywhere. Even if I have him sit down immediately while someone new pets him he'll sit right there tail wagging and start to pee. Anyone have a boxer with this issue?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Our boxer does not but cocker spaniels are INFAMOUS for that. Brady (a cocker) has on a couple of rare occassions, but the last cocker I had did it ALL the time. The best solution for us, and many others (again, every dog is different though) is to ignore the dog. Have your guests ignore him also. When someone comes over, good idea to take outside first, but as the person is coming into the house, take the dog straight outside. If he is going to pee, let him do it outside! But do not speak to, pet, play with, etc. him until he calms down. Require that your guests do the same. Within a few minutes he will calm and everyone can smoosh all over him then.  If he gets excited when you come home and pees, don't pay him any attention, just direct him straight out the door, then pay attention to him.  It will still take a couple of weeks for this to work and you will have to continue practicing this method forever.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nikki our chihuahua... use to do that when she was a puppy. WOW did it piss off my dad... all over his shoe and the the tile entrance... he hated it... it took a while before she grew out of it... I want to say a year or so. Now she's 12 so it's hard to remember that far back. Kyrie our new puppy is doing this... I'm looking forward to the day it ends!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts