Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really wierd question but I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences like this! Now Daisy's got quite a sensitive stomach anyway and is fed a good quality hypo-allergenic food which she is doing really well on. The poos that Daisy does in our backyard are firm, and when we go for a walk the first poo that she does is often the same. However, as our walk progresses Daisy frequently stops to poo when it seems like she doesn't really need to actually go so she will do a small sloppy poo, and as the walk goes on she continues frequently pooing and the poos deteriorate further, getting sloppier and smaller. If we go on a particularly long walk she will continue pooing until alls she ends up passing is just water. We've put the problem down to excitement, as when she is at home she will only toilet when she actually needs to go, thus producing a nice, firm poo!
I know it's not a nice subject to be discussing, but has anyone else experienced such problems with any of their dogs?
Please help!

Heather

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
ive never heard of anything like that before...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Is there a nervous issue invovled? Is she comfortable walking like that? Nervousness on top of a sensitive or problematic stomach can make things very screwy! What about if you are simply walking her on the leash around the yard for a while? Same reaction? Or just out on the road/sidewalks?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My friends boxer used to do that. No it isn't pleasant. When we used to get the boys together to play, within 5 minutes Rocco would poo, and then 5 minutes later would poo again. When we would go to the beach with him,(now this is really gross) he would go in the water and shoot out this watery poo. Not to be too graphic, but it looked like something shooting out of a water hose. I always thought it was because he was too excited. And, whenever they played he would poo like that.
Also, when I take Maddie for walks her poo is usually softer than what she does in the backyard. She won't keep pooping but they are different. I really don't have the answer, but if you find out I'd be interested in the answer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would guess it's some sort of territorial thing.  Just as dogs (especially male) stop frequently on walks to spread their scent.  Just an idea!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"2942 said:
My friends boxer used to do that. No it isn't pleasant. When we used to get the boys together to play, within 5 minutes Rocco would poo, and then 5 minutes later would poo again. When we would go to the beach with him,(now this is really gross) he would go in the water and shoot out this watery poo. Not to be too graphic, but it looked like something shooting out of a water hose. I always thought it was because he was too excited. And, whenever they played he would poo like that.
Also, when I take Maddie for walks her poo is usually softer than what she does in the backyard. She won't keep pooping but they are different. I really don't have the answer, but if you find out I'd be interested in the answer!
rotf..

MY EYES.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!  MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
our 6 year old boy rocco would do that also he has to do at leat 3 when out for a walk getting sloppier each time i thought it was territoral if not not sure hes in fine health so not worried bout him hought that it was just him :?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vet says that she is in good health so I don't think that it is a health problem. I'm starting to just think that it's the way she is. If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, please keep them coming!

Heather

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It could just be the exercise causes it. I've noticed that Samson does that sometimes when we are out walking or he's out playing in the yard....If Daisy got a clean bill of health from the vet, I really wouldn't worry too much, it's just rather nasty, huh?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's just a bit yucky! I think I'll just have to accept that as long as Daisy is fit and healthy that it's just normal for her!

Heather

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Tyson does that at the dog park all of the time. not so much on walks but when we get to the park he literally poos 10-15 times and every time they get mushier!! I feel really bad because by the 4th or 5th time there isn't anything left for me to pick up so it looks like I just don't care that my dog is doing it...but I digress, yes my dog does that too is what i am trying to say...sorry so long!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slowly_Going_Crazy\";p=\"3711 said:
My Tyson does that at the dog park all of the time. not so much on walks but when we get to the park he literally poos 10-15 times and every time they get mushier!! I feel really bad because by the 4th or 5th time there isn't anything left for me to pick up so it looks like I just don't care that my dog is doing it...but I digress, yes my dog does that too is what i am trying to say...sorry so long!!
That sounds exactly like what Daisy does! She's been getting much better on her walks but it's always worse when we go somwhere exciting like the park or out somewhere different for the day! I also get the issue of when the poo starts getting just like water there's nothing to pick up and I worry that people will see that I am not getting her poop up!
Thanks for sharing that you have the same experiences!

Heather

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've been thrown total filthies by passersby for "not picking up" after Tink, when in reality all she's been doing is a wee!  At least males are identifiably doing one or the other, ha ha!

In relation to Daisy, though, I would say that it's just excitement alright.  My friend's Rottweiler is the opposite - she absolutely refuses point blank to go to the loo while out walking, but as soon as she gets back to the house, it's straight out to the back garden to do it there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts