Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we rescued Lily two months ago she had a uti after her medication it cleared up.. today Lily was being slightly saucy with me and was giving me heck with constant barking..i noticed that between each bark and bum wiggle she would leak urine.. she was pretty excited at the time.. are uti a common occurance in females?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I would imagine it is mostly "excitement" rather than an UTI??? I did have a male cat tht had to be on a special for food uh ...18 years!

Different species of course but it can happen to males with dogs however I would imagine it's more often found in females???

Before I go ... on and on however, a fairly simple test would be to check for wet spots when she gets up from resting or sleeping. If there are wet spots ... then it's still medical. If there are not then it's "excitement."

And ironically enough ... if it's "excitement" then the solution is the same one that would have kept this from happening. :

You don't give affection to a ramped up dog! The "issue" is different ... but the solution is the same, ironically enough. And yeah ... Malinois are freaking fast ... up leash dogs a plenty, there abound.

If it is merely excitement ... you can fix it, but it's gonna take some work and well a butt load of patience, it's a Boxer thing. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts