Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: EXPLOSIVE diarrhea

It could be a lot of things,  has your puppy been tested for parasites? It could also be his food among many others... How old?

·
Registered
75 Posts

lol.....sorry after I wipe the tears (from laughin so hard).you made that sound like the world had just fallen in.Have you changed his diet?feed anything different then he dont get everyday?how old?has he been wormed or vet wormed him? had he had any shots recently prior to the problem?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

No it's not a common normal thing, and there are too many things that could cause it, from parasites, food, something he got into and ate, illness, it could be caused by a number of things. I would watch him closely today, and if it continues I would make a call to the vet. Good luck, I hope he's feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

There seems to be alot of hershey squirts going around. Perhaps we should make a sticky of some common non-medicinal aides for the squirts.  As well as thiings that could possibly be the root cause of the diaherrea. I understand it is not normal but it seems we have enough bouts with it to perhaps make a sticky  ;;)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

and also make sure since he has had diarreha to make sure he gets some extra water so he does'nt get dehydrated..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Good idea Bri, I'll start thinking of a hershey sticky!  :lol: If you care to add anything that has worked for you (well, not you personally but mabe Vega) let me know.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

As others have suggested, how old?  Are you just beginning to crate train? Charlie had the squirts the first morning I put him in his crate and left for work.  I cleaned him up at lunchtime and he's never pooped in his crate again.  KNOCK ON WOOD!  It could be food changes, etc.  Just give him plenty of water so dehydration doesn't set in.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Lord knows I have been dealing with diarrhea issues for the past two months with Lucy and BTW we are on day 3 of solid stools - yipeee!!! I would wait to see how he does today. Give him a bland diet and some kaeopectate and make sure he is drinking water...but that is just my two cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The little guy is just almost 6 months old (december 2).  Not newly crate trained ... never has pooped / pee peed in there.  Had all shots and worming.  No new food, but ... last night just before work I gave him one of his innova doggie biscuits just like I always do when he goes in his crate, but I squirted some of that nasty puppy paste on the biscuit (kind of like cheese and crackers).  The puppy paste was totally liquid.  I wonder if it had gone bad.  It's supposed to be more like, well, paste ... it was total liquid.  You wouldn't think the tiny bit that I put on his biscuit could've caused all that damage ... holy cow!!!!  I am debating leaving him in the barn today while I sleep, just in case.  I don't want to wake up to that again.  I have candles burning everywhere.  Cinnamon water simmering on the stove.  Sprayed oust everywhere and you can STILL smell it ... ick.  OK, well I think I'm getting delirious, so I'd better get to bed.  I'll make sure he has water and a blankie in the barn while I sleep.  Then, he's getting a BATH!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Harvey looks like a miniature Samson in the picture above.  

Kaopectate?  Really?  hmmmmm .....   Guess it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well, I didn't have any kaopectate, but I found a lomotil (anti-diarrheal) and went by weight.  I just couldn't leave him out in the barn.  So hopefully, I won't wake up to another brown out!  That's what we call them at work ... I'm an RN at a hospital ... you can guess what a brown out is!    :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts

you know what they say  :D

It's a chitty job,but someone has to do it  :D

Hopefully it was just the nasty paste,next time give him some peanut butter instead of nasty ole cheese spread  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Well you gotta ask yourself, "would I eat that cookie with a tiny bit of cheese liquid on it?".

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

Use some nature's miracle or other type of enzyme killing solution when washing the stuff and the funk will go away.  Saturate what you can't wash in a machine and wash all the other stuff with a little of the nm added to the soap solution.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Geez ... I'm glad you clarified your advice on having fun cleaning out Harv's crate ... I have had the "opportunity" to smell a lot of things as a nurse, and let me tell you, this was baaaaad!  So, I'm glad you admitted you were full of it!  I'm going to go to the store and get some large curd and maybe a lamb steak or two to go with his dinner.  Oh yeah, and some pumpkin and pedialyte.  Who knew all the things you must do for these sweet creatures?

G

·
0 Posts

The first post made me chuckle. that would be a horible smell to come home to :yuck:

G

·
0 Posts

I *knock on wood* have never come home to explosive diarrhea...except mine, lol...

I have come home to a chocolate pudding consistency mess the day after we got Bo...but come on.he was stressed and hubby actually left him out of the crate...dumb man...

Poor baby...he isn't feeling well..How long have you had him?  I work at the hospital as a patient sitter...sometimes a patient has a "brown out" and the PCA or nurse doesn't come in really quick..I get to sit in there breathing in poop particles..yummy!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts