Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Madeline has had continuous eye boogers the last few days.  she had them when we first got her, then i stopped noticing them as much.  now she keeps getting them and i'm wondering if there's a bigger issue.  otherwise, her eyes seem fine.  anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier has any eye condition that requires an ointment at least once a day. Before the ointment, he had REALLY bad boogies...to the point that his eye would be sealed shut sometimes in the morning. With the ointment, they stay clear. He's great when I put in on too...like he knows what its for. He hated those things

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
if they are clear, it's not a big concern, but she could have a bit of an allergy(pollen). Angel has them a lot..I just wipe her eyes a few times a day....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are a whitish clear color.  i never really thought allergies since her eyes otherwise seem fine.  there's been no swelling or an amount of discharge that would affect the eyes from opening.  but i guess you're right, it could just be a minor irritating allergen.  

anyone else have issues with allergies?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Kash man has eye boogies - everything is fine, they are not green and due to seasonal alergies.   Soon to go away with the colder weather.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah got them when I was feeding her Canidae.  The vet said that there was something that she must have been alergic to in the food.  Stopped feeding her the canidae and they stopped, just the normal stuff now.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Both Mic and Indy have had them...the first time we were dealing with an infection(easy to tell as the white of the eye looks like a roadmap of red bloodvessels) after that, it was mainly allergic...we started a maintenance dose of Benedryl for both dogs and I haven't seen any eye boogies since!!So, I will stick with that...

·
Registered
78 Posts
FYI - it's ragweed season and allergies are on the rise.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Allergies are really bad right now, like Vivianne said..If they are clear and you don't see any other problems, I really wouldn't worry, it just bugs us more than anything....Angel's have really flared up recently...

·
Registered
39 Posts
betty has always had them.  when she was a puppy i was a bit concerned b/c everything i've read says to always make sure that the puppy's eyes are clear & no discharge.  even though she had eye boogs as a puppy we fell in love and took her home.  the vet said it was fine.  but i do have to wipe them out multiple times a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts