Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a dark brindle with white on the chest and paws and prefer a black mask with little to no white markings on the face. I have found one but she has some white on her face. I have been told by the breeder that the white on the face will mostly all go away but wanted to verify this with others.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am not sure but I don't think that white fur goes away as the dogs age. The only features that seem to change are the nose gets blacker and the head looses its egg shape.

These are very specific features you are looking for, when you get a pup you will grow to love them what ever their features.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Yeah what "Berkshire" said. I'm not gonna say Color doesn't matter as I am looking for my next "White Boxer." :)

But you are really seriously narrowing down your options and I think your chosen "Breeder" is kinda sorta full of crap??? If you like the "puppy" then get her! But I tend think that breeder is full of crap?? That's not a really good sigh??? If you want a dark Brindle ... then go for that but an exact match?? That's a bit much. :(

You can't get your lost dog, back but you can accept your new dog for who they are. You can recapture the things about her that you luv'ed, and you can accept them for who they are.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have found with my flashy reverse brindle that his white on his muzzle stayed and basically grew proportionately with him. If she has white she will more than likely keep the white, the markings pretty much stay the same. Is this a breeder that has done health testing? I actually was looking for another boxer puppy but also was considering a standard poodle to be our current boxers companion. I could not find a local breeder who actually health tested, I ended up with a health tested st. poodle. Wow ad I thought boxers were bouncy. Boxers have so many issues and since they have become so popular lately with people just breeding their "cute" dogs around me made my decision. I'd say travel or have shipped the right boxer.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The breeder is wrong.

I have a brindle with white on the chest, a little bit on each paw and a line of white from the nose to his forehead. It is a little more pronounced when they are puppies because the skull isn't fully formed, but it never goes away.

1st pic is 3 months old.

2nd pic he just turned 2

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
The white on my girl's face disappeared a little bit, but it's still pretty prominent! The only part that really went away was that the white line between her eyes doesn't go up as far now.
Pic 1 is her at 8 weeks, pic 2 is her now (her coloring looks different due to the bright sun in the 2nd photo!):

Attachments

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
The white on my girl's face disappeared a little bit, but it's still pretty prominent! The only part that really went away was that the white line between her eyes doesn't go up as far now.
Pic 1 is her at 8 weeks, pic 2 is her now (her coloring looks different due to the bright sun in the 2nd photo!):
Oh I see it now! I'd have to say were she mine and I did not have those pictures ... I doubt I'd have ever noticed that change???

Hardly seems like a quibble factor to me but ... I suppose "technically" the "Breeder" was correct, but they should have said the "White Markings" can recede to some degree ... interesting observation. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't have any puppy photos handy, but I can say that we first saw Jax when he was about 2 weeks old and he had more white in the middle of his forehead than he does now.
He's a brindle with white flash on his face, chest and feet.

He's on my avatar here and he's on the left as you look at this photo.

When we first saw the photos of his litter, I visually preferred the brindles with less or no white on the forehead. We were supposed to be getting a puppy for our son- he wanted a fawn boxer; and I've always preferred the brindle, but it was his dog and his choice.

When we met the puppies, my son was focused on the fawns and picked the big boy of the litter, who is now Tundra (fawn on right).

We held a couple of the puppies, we knew we wanted a male. As soon as I held Jax, he could have had an all white, purple, pink, whatever colored head. It would not have mattered. It may sound crazy to some, but there was a connection and whether he chose me or we chose each other, we ended up with two furbabies. It has worked out well for us.

And puppy Bandit now makes 3.

There is some truth that the white in the middle of the forehead may fold-in and show less. I'd say this depends on how young the puppy is.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Here are a couple of young photos of Jax.
He had a clear while stripe down his forehead.
You can see from the avatar photo and pic before this addition that there is little white left in the middle.

BTW- am I the only one who thinks tiny boxers look a bit like a guinea pig?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts