Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that most of you have experienced all the farting that boxers do. Is anyone doing anything to help that? I had to post something because Guido just reminded me of how bad they smell.... :puke:

·
Registered
186 Posts
no harley farts all the time, it comes from inhaling food to fast, and of course its natural for them to have it as well. if she inhales her food try putting a tennis ball in the bowl so she has to slow down eating.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont do anything because Zeus doesnt eat fast but Dante will finish his pretty quick. Zeus is a slow eater but boy does he have some nasty gas. He clears the room a lot and when both of them get gassy it is time to get some fresh air from outside. Matter of fact i seen some meds at Pets Marts grand opening over the weekend and i thought to myself I wonder if this stuff could actually work miracles, because it said it helps control their farts. But i didnt buy into it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I used to give Chloe a teaspoon of plain low fat yogurt mixed in with her food daily. She never had a problem with gas after that..But since stopping the yogurt due to her daily allergy, she's back to clearing out a room again!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow...sooo many times I thought about writing in about this problem. I usually let Xena sleep in my room but some nights its sooo bad that I have to kick her out. So...low fat plain yogurt?? It really works???

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the worst when we take them on trips across the state because rolling the windows down doesn't even help sometimes. I might try the yogurt deal, after trying a ball and a ring in Guido's food it ended up all over the floor.  :no:

·
Registered
270 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!  This is so funny!  My Chole has the same problem....she wakes me up from a dead sleep!  I didn't think dogs could have dairy....I know yogurt helps humans..but I NEVER thought about giving it to my dog due to the dairy.  I'm going to try it tomorrow!!  THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yep just a teaspoon of fat free plain yogurt..Another thing I used to do..put some of the yogurt, little bit of peanut butter and some banana in a dixie cup ..throw it in the freeze and made her own frosty paws..but seriously the yogurt helped Chloe's gas A LOT..My mom now gives her pug yogurt and she stopped waking my parents up in the middle of the night with her stinkies.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Plain, low fat yogurt is great and boxers just love it...I also put a combo of yogurt & Peanut Butter in their Kongs, freeze it for awhile and it's like a protein snack, like what ChloeBelles Mommy was saying...Boxer farts are deadly...When we first got Angel, the food she was on, made her fart soo bad, I swear I needed a gas mask to stay in the same room with her  :uhoh:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have, on occasion, actually gone out to the hall to check if someone pooed in the house, the farts are that strong.  I believe it's to do with the fact that boxers have a short digestive tract.  Be that as it may, I think they also derive a great lot of pleasure from stinking us out with their SBD's...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiahs are usually silent but deadly, if she does make a noise then she looks surprised like "whats that, who did that?" I usually am laughing while I'm leaving the room :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Macy does that a lot too. She'll let one go and then look around wondering where that foul smell just came from.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin is horrible when it comes to this subject. Steven let him lay with me before he left for work (I was still asleep). I woke up thinking, hmmm... he's laying with me and his BUTT is IN MY FACE... maybe I should move him... then I guess I drifted off... then I woke up again and heard a "POOT!" and about DIED!!!!!! I was soooo tired though... and thought if I put a pillow on his butt it would be better... well there went another "poot"... SOOOO DIDN"T HELP! I had to get out of bed... not just bed but the room!! I have no learned that no matter HOW TIRED I AM... I have to move his butt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts