Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a little hiatus from here i guess you can say.. or perhaps i haven't had any health issues to post of.... and that's a good thing!!!

A little update- Duke is turning 4 in September i feel like time needs to stop i can't handle him getting older. He is doing great we have been solidly on our raw diet for 2 years... he has put on a healthy weight before he was skin and bones, he still isn't a big boy boxer he is smaller but he has filled out and the last time we went to the vets was for his annual check up :)

Lily has been with us for a year and 3 months and she has turned into such a good girl, loves attention and her brother Duke and is very smart... but her biggest love is food... we picked her up from our local animal shelter and she was literally skin and bones anyways we have had a food issue with Lily it seems as if every meal is her last meal.. she too eats a raw diet too she is slightly shorter and more compact but she weighs pretty much the same as Duke.. i don't even know how that is she looks fat and he is so slim looking... we are trying to get her down to a better weight she is full of energy but just loves food and shes sneaky about taking food from counters and such ive had to train myself to do a better job at putting food thats normally out on my counter away. They get 11 oz twice a day a little over 1.25 lbs a day Kari if you're reading this is that too much? for 60lb dogs. I will upload a better picture of Lily when shes standing.

Anyways life is about to change as Duke and Lily are expecting a new best friend in February as i'm expecting... so that should be interesting they have been my only babies for so long.

Hope everyone and their babies are well :)

Here is my fat girl sitting on her brother she is the boss as you can see.

23434817_10154705560786601_1775637987684037428_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
So good to see you here again. The pups look wonderful. That raw diet sure has agreed with Duke I remember all the issues you had previously. Seems you made the right move. Congratulations to you too. I hope you will continue to stop by and let us know how you are doing and I'also looking forward to seeing pictures! I'm so excited for you.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Is that a Bumble Bee Costume??? Can you post, more and better pictures of them in there out fits??? Struddell had a pretty low threshold for crap like that, the coats were fine the hats were a "Bridge to Far!! But hey next time I'll start early and start young! :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that a Bumble Bee Costume??? Can you post, more and better pictures of them in there out fits??? Struddell had a pretty low threshold for crap like that, the coats were fine the hats were a "Bridge to Far!! But hey next time I'll start early and start young! :)

Lol i will see what i can do.. however i have seen Halloween costumes are out in full swing at the pet stores so I'm fairly positive i will be mustering up new costumes and better photo shoots..

They don't love it Lily is the best at making mom happy but Duke will freeze up when he has to do things he doesn't like.

It's a huge waste of money they put them on for 2 minutes get a picture and then they never see the costume again.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
LOL ... well that certainly sounds like real life! The vest is usually a no problem ... the head gear, is usually a "uh, yeah "NO" deal! I'll start early with my next pup and see how it goes? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts